What's new
What's new

HAAS HRT210-H Rotary and control box issues

Traxis mfg.

Plastic
Our shop recently acquired a USED Haas HRT210 Rotary with brushless control box. After hooking them up to power (just power no CNC mill), the control box says "Please clear alarms then press cycle start. ALARM-POWER FAILURE". Cycle start and Clear buttons do nothing. Tried switching power outlets, they all seem to have good consistent voltage and the Haas manual says this alarm is caused by low line voltage/power failure so I suspect something is wrong inside the box itself- but am not sure where to look. Fuse is good, box is correctly initialized to HRT210 model, battery on circuit board for Keep Alive Memory has necessary 3V.

Also after hooking up the rotary to a known good control box we get a separate issue, SERVO OVERLOAD alarm. Also curious where to look on that one, gearset locked up maybe? Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Gotcha. Any ideas on the problems we're experiencing?

Nope. I have seen the "servo overload" alarm before after initially connecting mine.
Power-down/up usually takes care of it. But, mine is brushed, and direct to the machine.

I just didn't realize there were brushless 210's that were white.

FWIW, Mine are brushless and the encoder connector is a 28 pin connector, but with 6 pins installed.
I've seen the servo overload when the wrong rotary was selected.

Back