What's new
What's new

Haas M300 Custom Cycle Efficiency - Robot Package 1?

gking86

Plastic
Hey, I'm using the custom cycles with M300 to load and unload parts into a VF2. When you use the standard APL features, the robot is pretty smooth overall and loads in and out of the machine without pausing much.

However, each time you call an M300 there is a slight pause. I've broken my loads up like this:

( LOAD PART 1 )
M300 P2 ( MOVE TO READY POSITION )
M300 P5 ( OPEN THE DOOR )
M300 P1 ( GRAB A PART )
M300 P3 ( MOVE INTO MACHINE ABOVE VISE )
M300 P4 ( LOAD ON REAR LEFT )
M300 P4 R0 ( REV LOAD ON REAR LEFT )
M300 P11 ( MOVE BACK TO VISE CENTER CLEARANCE )
M300 P3 R0 ( REV MOVE INTO MACHINE ABOVE VISE )
M300 P10 ( INC. COUNTER )

( LOAD PART 2 )
M300 P1 ( GRAB A PART )
M300 P3 ( MOVE INTO MACHINE ABOVE VISE )
M300 P12 ( LOAD ON REAR RIGHT )
M300 P12 R0( REV LOAD ON REAR RIGHT )
M300 P11 ( MOVE BACK TO VISE CENTER CLEARANCE )
M300 P3 R0 ( REV MOVE INTO MACHINE ABOVE VISE )
M300 P10 ( INC. COUNTER )

I broke them up that way so that I wouldn't have to take the time to program the entire load in and out of the machine for each individual part, instead I can just make re-usable chunks that I can copy to future programs and just make some minor tweaks to the load.

There is a solid second or two in between each M300 command, however. Anyone find a way around that? I've tried just hand-editing the XML files the control generates, but I haven't been able to figure out where they are generating the MD5 checksum from to make my XML "valid" in the eyes of the control. Otherwise, I'd program it modularly like that but then copy all of the XML into one master file and just run the whole program at once.

Loosing time by saving time I guess, those few seconds make a huge difference when I've got pallets of stock sitting there waiting to go into the machine. So if nobody has any better ideas, setup time will just have to be longer.

I'm just wondering if anyone has found any efficiency hacks here. Otherwise, I'm about to break out some C# and hashcat and try to decrypt the MD5 using different chunks of the XML file as my library. It would be really nice to be able to make tweaks offline.

Thanks in advance.

Back