What's new
What's new

Haas Mill Auger cable 140 / P38 I/O Pinout

evotechcorp

Plastic
Does anyone know the pinout for cable 140 I/O P38(not in the electrical service manual)I'm wanting to hook up an external auger / coolant tank and would like to use the factory Haas pendant functions. I know its an 8 pin adapter of which 6 pinouts are used, voltage is 220 single phase (MiniMill), here is my confusion - a "normal" 220V single phase motor uses 2 hots and 2 more wires for reversing - what are the other 2 wire doing? Shield / Ground is probable one which is easy enough to test the purpose of the 6th escapes me....

If your're wondering why I'm not using the OEM coolant tank and auger It's because it's not a standard minimill and was highly modified at the factory to flush coolant / chips side discharge into a microscreener centrifuge and external coolant tank. I have no use for the microscreening capability and am just setting it up as external coolant and adding the auger. Also if anyone is looking for a coolant centrifuge / tank I have 3 Bazell units for sale. Universal, not mill specific...

you should have 2 power wires, and a ground ( sometimes a sheild) the reversing should be done by the IO board. at least that's how the larger haas's are wired. you can always call haas in CA . they are normally very helpful.

Back