Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Haas mill WIPS calibration not functioning correctly

Just installed a WIPS system on my mill with classic control and having issues with the calibration cycle. I've tested the table and spindle probes and both of them are registering at the console with the audible beep as per the install manual. When I start the table probe calibration the OMI is not turning on (assuming it should be automatically turning on when a probe cycle is run). If I manually turn on the probe in MDI mode and run the calibration the Z axis returns to zero and I get an alarm 1000 which doesn't exist - alarm text states "alarm text not found" I've cleared macros, work and tool offsets and continue to get the same results. I'm wondering if the 9000 programs on my system are not the V3.0 that are required, not sure how to find out the loaded version. It's the same as what came on the backup USB. Hoping maybe someone has some insight?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found the V3.0 files on the DIY Haas site, turns out the coordinate system needed to be reset to Fanuc. now the OMI is turning on like it should but getting alarm 1092 tool setter open...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm of no help, but please let us know what you find out. I have a 2004 haas I'd like to buy wips for in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you checked the batteries?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With a little research, you can find an app for your phone that walks you through it, think Googleplay maybe?

Also, if you happened to bump the stylus while installing batteries you may have changed the settings. We bought a couple new tool probes from Ebay, I think, and one of them was set to the timed off setting instead of off with a signal from receiver.

Smart apps for smartphones - machine tool probe technology at your fingertips

Installation guide: OTS: contact tool setting probe

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by friesen View Post
    Have you checked the batteries?
    yep, batteries are new - tried others, reloaded macros, the usual.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    With a little research, you can find an app for your phone that walks you through it, think Googleplay maybe?

Also, if you happened to bump the stylus while installing batteries you may have changed the settings. We bought a couple new tool probes from Ebay, I think, and one of them was set to the timed off setting instead of off with a signal from receiver.

Smart apps for smartphones - machine tool probe technology at your fingertips

Installation guide: OTS: contact tool setting probe
    Double checked settings to make sure they were Haas default and they are, now I'm waiting till tomorrow for a couple replacement stylus shear links for the table probe.... you can guess what happened. Will start tweaking settings once i'm up and running again. I'm thinking maybe turning on the filter will give me better results. It's a minimill so vibration may be the culprit due to it's light weight.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sirAIG View Post
    I'm of no help, but please let us know what you find out. I have a 2004 haas I'd like to buy wips for in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Under normal circumstances i think WIPS is pretty much plug and play, I'm setting up a second hand machine that was previously modified at the hands of a maintenance guy so needless to say I had to completely rebuild it. I've reset factory parameters but it's possible i've missed something - I just have a lot more variables to troubleshoot than your normal mill