What's new
What's new

HAAS Mini Mill 2 Single Phase high voltage (MM2)

deemoss

Plastic
Hi guys,

We have recently purchased a new Mini Mill 2, which has been delivered to our premises (EU) which has single phase 240V power. We ordered this machine on condition that it works with both, single and 3-phase power (or so we thought?).

During commissioning, technician could not start the machine, claiming that MM2 comes in two variants; 1ph and 3ph. Since then we are going back and forth on this issue with HAAS for a few weeks now.

The latest information is that our machine which is the "high voltage" 400V model (probably) does not do single phase. But the information is not definite yet.

I included some photos of the machine panel and a link to the electrical installation guide.

If you guys have some experience with a similar situation, please chip in.

Thanks!!!
Dimos

Attachments

• mm2_electrical.jpg
    mm2_electrical.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 127
  • mm2_transformer2.jpg
    mm2_transformer2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 122
  • mm2_transformer.jpg
    mm2_transformer.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 113
  • mm2_infoplate.jpg
    mm2_infoplate.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 1.39.15 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 1.39.15 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 99
My father and I just purchased a new mini mill 2. 6k spindle. We purchased it due to its capabilities of being run 220v, but I never knew they had a 220v only option. On ours, which was powered on the first time about a month ago, there is a diagram at the power lugs how to wire it for 220 and how to wire it for 3 phase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Sig,

Jus out of curiosity, do you have the large 3PH transformer such as the on on the 3rd attachment?

Cheers
Dimos

My school is selling its used haas mini mills on the back placard they say 3/1 phase. Has anyone every ran a mini mill on single phase 220 ? Did they have any power issues?

My school is selling its used haas mini mills on the back placard they say 3/1 phase. Has anyone every ran a mini mill on single phase 220 ? Did they have any power issues?

I ran my old tm-1 on single and 3 phase at different locations.
No power issues at all, there is a capacitor bank that is charged up to compensate for the single phase shortfalls. In saying that, some people have reported that the mill would trip the breaker upon startup as the capacitors charges up in the first 3 seconds. (Big inrush only on startup while running single phase)
I did not experience this in 3 years on single phase 240v 30amp breaker

Back