What's new
What's new

Haas Mini Mill Shipment Size

MRudisill

Plastic
First post here, looked around a bit for the answer and couldn't find it.

How does the machine come delivered? Is the machine fully assembled, come in separate packages needing assembly, etc? I am mainly asking because the company I am with is considering CNC upgrade options. We do prototype parts and a smaller machine would work just fine. However, the building we are in was not built for industrial application so space to get the machine in is limited. There is no giant garage door and we would have to be able to load pieces through an elevator into the lower level (which is then very open).

The current Tormach we have we can move by removing one of the motors and it will go through a standard doorway (not that we need that small of clearance on a new machine).

So does anyone have an idea of how the machine comes new, how difficult it is (if realistic) to disassemble and reassemble any parts of the machine to get it where we need it?

Appreciate any direction or information.

I have reached out, waiting for reply. But have used this site numerous times for classes and am always happy to hear from people on the forum here with their experience and tips. I will be following up with the local dealer though. Thank you.

Hire a rigger company to put it place.
They will coordinate with Haas as far as shipping details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post here, looked around a bit for the answer and couldn't find it.

How does the machine come delivered? Is the machine fully assembled, come in separate packages needing assembly, etc? I am mainly asking because the company I am with is considering CNC upgrade options. We do prototype parts and a smaller machine would work just fine. However, the building we are in was not built for industrial application so space to get the machine in is limited. There is no giant garage door and we would have to be able to load pieces through an elevator into the lower level (which is then very open).

The current Tormach we have we can move by removing one of the motors and it will go through a standard doorway (not that we need that small of clearance on a new machine).

So does anyone have an idea of how the machine comes new, how difficult it is (if realistic) to disassemble and reassemble any parts of the machine to get it where we need it?

Appreciate any direction or information.

Just get your Haas dealer to look at where it is going and let them tell you. I believe all that is wrapped up in their price.

Your HFO will help you figure it out.

Rigging is part of quoted cost, sort of. Riggers bring in, put in place, extremely rough level on casters...
The sort of part is they work with you to get machine in, but within reason. My last machines I had them rearrange a few machines to get the new one in. I could have done myself, but I'm a better machinist then I am a rigger. So for a couple hundred bucks they took care of it for me. I DID let them know before hand I needed more then just a drop off and go

You bring Air and electric to machine and call HFO for commissioning.

They send out a tech to complete install, setup, level, get it running when your happy they have you sign off on it and get to making chips.

Pallet is quite larger and contains all the bits and pieces...but machine comes assembled aside from a few nick nacks that your HFO installs and setups up on commissioning day. Items like auger tube and Control.

For me, with limited space the riggers always opt to remove machine from pallet out front, before bringing it in.

Haas automation.com has size of machine, size of pallet and packaging size as well as where and how to lift.

Back