What's new
What's new

Haas Mini Mill TRP issues

jyl7

Plastic
Hi, first timer here. I tried searching this specific issue I am currently having however, I never seem to find any information on it.

The shop I am currently at has had a downed Haas mini mill (about half a year+) that is now up. But it seems after bringing the mini mill back to life, the tool release is slow to return to its closed position. I have ran several tool change cycles to loosen its old bones but it still tends to return to its closed position slower than it should.

Also, when left alone (tool or no tool inserted into the spindle), after about 5-10 minutes, air begins to hiss from the spindle column and then the TRP or the solenoid (not sure which) begins to spew air out the spindle as if it were doing a tool change/release. There aren't any faults, but the UI does show tool unclamping. The only way to stop the tool change/release is by manual hitting the tool release button which closes the valve/piston.

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Is it a solenoid issue? Return spring issue?

Hopefully my explanation is clear... If anyone needs some more information please ask away. Thanks.

Back