What's new
What's new

Haas NGC Probing advice needed

Erasma

Plastic
Hi All,

So I have some questions and a story

I purchased a mini mill with an NGC controller and wanted probing buy could not afford the WIPS kit & was thinking I could get a Renishaw probe off Ebay which was cheaper... Due to my lack of experience and understanding of these things I have a probe OM2 receiver.

I eventually got the receiver and prob installed and can turn it on and off using the M69 and M59. It was like yes this is going to work. well when I tried to use the VPS page I get the you don't have 9000 Programs?

So here are the questions:
1.) It says in the WIPS manual a patch needs to be installed for WIPS? what is this patch & why would one need it?

2.) How can i buy the 9000 VPS programs? When i call my HFO I am told I need to purchase the WIPS kit but I don't want all the hardware I just can't afford it. in fact I can't afford to pay attention Garage Hobby User

Any case that's my long sad story full my over excitement and lack of understanding.

Andy Advice welcome

thanks
All

At the bottom of this post is a ZIP File.
Default Programs- VQC, Probing, warm-up, etc

At this link, down below is a download. Not sure if this is what you need ?
Wired Probe System - Troubleshooting Guide

Hi All,

So I have some questions and a story

I purchased a mini mill with an NGC controller and wanted probing buy could not afford the WIPS kit & was thinking I could get a Renishaw probe off Ebay which was cheaper... Due to my lack of experience and understanding of these things I have a probe OM2 receiver.

I eventually got the receiver and prob installed and can turn it on and off using the M69 and M59. It was like yes this is going to work. well when I tried to use the VPS page I get the you don't have 9000 Programs?

So here are the questions:
1.) It says in the WIPS manual a patch needs to be installed for WIPS? what is this patch & why would one need it?

2.) How can i buy the 9000 VPS programs? When i call my HFO I am told I need to purchase the WIPS kit but I don't want all the hardware I just can't afford it. in fact I can't afford to pay attention Garage Hobby User

Any case that's my long sad story full my over excitement and lack of understanding.

Andy Advice welcome

thanks
All

Which exact hardware do you have?

I purchased a renishaw omp 600 probe and a OMI 2 receiver on ebay was cheap at the time but did not know it's not the Haas version.

I was not aware of this on the NGC controller:
NGC - Probe Activation
If WIPS did not come installed on your machine a Haas Service tech must download and apply a configuration file patch from User Management, SAP AG.
Why would one need to have a patch applied?

Also would one be able to run VQC templates on an Next Gen Controller rather then the VPS templates?

on top of it all on needs Haas Macro's which are different to Fanuc the Macro Variable numbers used by Haas are different. the hard part is I can't afford a WIPS Kit and throw away the stuff I already Purchased.

The good news is I have the OMP 600 and OMI 2 connected and turning on and off as well as registering the touches.

I am missing software and Macros to get this to work correctly

Thanks again

The o9000 programs are easy, Haas has them available for download. But as you found out, the actual software option to operate the probe probably needs to be purchased.

In quick answer to your question, the NGC controller unfortunately won't use VQC templates. The VPS system is a pseudo update to VQC but it's not backwards-compatible. Those VPS probing templates are probably included with the WIPS cost, because they're internal to the machine and can't be edited, unlike the previous machines.

The o9000 programs are easy, Haas has them available for download. But as you found out, the actual software option to operate the probe probably needs to be purchased.

In quick answer to your question, the NGC controller unfortunately won't use VQC templates. The VPS system is a pseudo update to VQC but it's not backwards-compatible. Those VPS probing templates are probably included with the WIPS cost, because they're internal to the machine and can't be edited, unlike the previous machines.

Thanks for the reply this does make sense. I have tried to create an account on the Haas website but it only allows for Haas Connect. there are no options to get access to haas portal download.

Where can I download these o9000 programs? if anyone has them and could share would be hugely appreciated

PS: Does not seem WIPS software option is an options it's all including hardware or nothing...

Thank again

Call your HFO. They can provide them if you talk to the right person.
Alternately, talk to Renishaw. They're really helpful and can send you programs, manuals, etc.

There is WIPS, and there is VQCPS. VQCPS is the older and somewhat less polished probing software that runs through the VQC conversational templates, but it works fine. WIPS is nicer and is an option you have to pay for. Ask for the VQCPS programs for your probing hardware. Wired vs wireless toolsetter matters, and your spindle probe type matters.

If your setup doesn't match one of the configurations they sold their machines in, you will need to go through and modify all of the macro programs to be compatible with your setup. If you're at that point, you can take the ones I posted and turn them into what you need, but that'll take a lot of time, knowledge, and testing.

Back