What's new
What's new

Haas Probe Calibration Procedure 2011 VF4 with Classic Control

Blackhawkxp

Plastic
Can someone shed some light on the calibration procedure for the tool setter and work probe for me? New guy started at the shop and for some reason the probe data was lost. Just magically of course! Recalibrated both and everything seemed good to go. Come in the next day to probe a part in Z and heights are off around 1/2 inch. Recalibrate both and good to go. Come in the next day and they are off 1/2 again. Not sure if the new guy is messing with things but I was wondering if there was something I was doing wrong? Ran the machine for 4 years and never a problem prior to this. From what I understand you place the preset gauge tool in the spindle and go through the procedure to set the tool setter. Move X,Y,Z over the tool setter and hit F1 to enter the locations of each axis. Set the tool length and tool number as well as diameter. Hit cycle start and it does its thing. Go to the work probe cycle next. Place gauge block on table and touch of gauge tool on top of gauge block with shim and record this number. Put probe in spindle and align it with center of gauge block and cycle start. It does its thing and then we are usually good to go. I have never been formally trained on the procedure so I am assuming I am not missing something. One of my questions is do I need to set the work probe height via the tool probe? I have never done that but I see the Haas videos show this step on the newer control. I am guessing that may be my problem but everything seems to probe correctly after I calibrate them. Thanks in advance!

Back