What's new
What's new

HAAS Probing Help

stenger

Plastic
I have a HAAS mill with convention control not the new next gen control. The machine is a 2013 year model. I set up my probing exactly the way the manual says. That includes the tool setter and work probe. I also set my tools by using the tool setter and it worked great.
I set my g54 offset with the work prob and it also worked great.

When I run the the program the tool is running about 6 inches high!! I tried everything and it always runs high.
The z offset is way high!
I even probed my work prob with the tool setter and that didn't help either.

I have no idea what to do. A length is off somewhere but I don't know how to fix it.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Check your Tool offset table, is there a tool height stored in the register associated with your spindle probe? If not then you'll just need to run the OMP height calibration routine again.

It's common for that height offset to be deleted and will cause this type of problem, it's why I suggest looking there first.

use pocket 24 or what ever your last pocket is to calibrate your probe and you well always use that pocket to use the probe. use a tape to check from machine home in Z from the tip of the probe to the top of your tool setter. your tool offset should be close to the same measurement you get.

when I first used Haas probing I could not get how to set it trying to read in the manual ,,, I found a ton of youtube videos that helped me.

FYI ,,, on the original control you use a ring gage and on the new nex-gen control you don't need a ring age.
your also going to want to make a height and dia gage using a er16 collet holder and like a .2500 gage pin.

When you setup the gage, dial in the gage pin by bumping it tell you get the runout to as low as you can and then use a dial indicator and the machine to get the hight from the spindle face to the end of the gage pin ..

Back