What's new
What's new

Haas Recovery Floppy Corrupted - now what do I do?

Dangle_kt

Aluminum
Hi Folks,

I have been plugging away at a HAAS VF0 (2000) that I bought at auction two years ago.

Having spent nearly half the price of the machine again on top to fix issues it had, I lost battery power whilst I was saving up for the parts I needed.

Anyway, no worries, I have the haas floppy in my big red folder - I remember seeing it in the front sleeve when I bought the machine.

After carefully fitting all the parts and following the guides on here and youtube regarding reloading the model and serial, I still have a bunch of alarms, so I came to reload parameters and the floppy is corrupt :(

It looks like a genuine haas one, but the sleeve it was in had some paperwork that the ink has run on...I can only imagine its got wet at some point in it's life :(

Anyhoo...

How do I get the parameters? I have them in the book but I would rather not hand load them all. Is it possible to purchase the parameters from HAAS or have the file emailed?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I have been plugging away at a HAAS VF0 (2000) that I bought at auction two years ago.

Having spent nearly half the price of the machine again on top to fix issues it had, I lost battery power whilst I was saving up for the parts I needed.

Anyway, no worries, I have the haas floppy in my big red folder - I remember seeing it in the front sleeve when I bought the machine.

After carefully fitting all the parts and following the guides on here and youtube regarding reloading the model and serial, I still have a bunch of alarms, so I came to reload parameters and the floppy is corrupt :(

It looks like a genuine haas one, but the sleeve it was in had some paperwork that the ink has run on...I can only imagine its got wet at some point in it's life :(

Anyhoo...

How do I get the parameters? I have them in the book but I would rather not hand load them all. Is it possible to purchase the parameters from HAAS or have the file emailed?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

I just had to do this do to a low memory issue, the machine chose to delete somethings that it should not have deleted. There are some parameters you have to switch off to be able to load it all. Mine said it was corrupted too, but when i opened the disk drive on my computer all the files showed up. I had to call haas and talk to a tech to help me reload everything. I had to cycle power a few times but eventually with Haas tech help on the phone I was able to get everything going again.

I just had to do this do to a low memory issue, the machine chose to delete somethings that it should not have deleted. There are some parameters you have to switch off to be able to load it all. Mine said it was corrupted too, but when i opened the disk drive on my computer all the files showed up. I had to call haas and talk to a tech to help me reload everything. I had to cycle power a few times but eventually with Haas tech help on the phone I was able to get everything going again.

Thanks, but the floppy isn't readable on my PC either.

I will try a recovery tool.

Gotchya,
I had a CMM floppy based from the mid 90's that I recently had to recover. It actually worked via NDD.exe The CMM PC itself had NDD on it. Let me know if you want me to PM you the NDD.exe and help file. IT should work. But it's a 90's Norton app set. may not even run on newer PC.s

Thanks, but the floppy isn't readable on my PC either.

I will try a recovery tool.

Gotchya,
I had a CMM floppy based from the mid 90's that I recently had to recover. It actually worked via NDD.exe The CMM PC itself had NDD on it. Let me know if you want me to PM you the NDD.exe and help file. IT should work. But it's a 90's Norton app set. may not even run on newer PC.s

Hi, that would be incredibly helpful, I tried the free version of badcopy pro, and I can see the parameters file there on the disc now, but I have to buy the licence to save it.

Thanks for the help

I should have noted... am out of town presently . I'll be home from KY tomorrow. Can ya PM me your email address and I'll get ya all setup if you still need it.

Hi, that would be incredibly helpful, I tried the free version of badcopy pro, and I can see the parameters file there on the disc now, but I have to buy the licence to save it.

Thanks for the help

I should have noted... am out of town presently . I'll be home from KY tomorrow. Can ya PM me your email address and I'll get ya all setup if you still need it.

I bit the bullet and paid the £39 for the licence. I only got the PAR file, but it's enough to get me going.

Had to update the spindle encoder parameters as someone had replaced them a while ago, but I found the Haas help file on line and it worked well.

Had some fun and games with solenoids and switches gone sticky with lack of use, but finally, two days later I am up and running it seems.

Minus a manual tool release button, which was sacrificed to the gods of sheet metal 😂

Thank you everyone for your help, on this thread and in sharing info I was able to pull together from YouTube, specifically Marc K who has a superb YouTube series on these older Haas machines

Back