Haas Recovery Floppy Corrupted - now what do I do?
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default Haas Recovery Floppy Corrupted - now what do I do?

    Hi Folks,

    I have been plugging away at a HAAS VF0 (2000) that I bought at auction two years ago.

    Having spent nearly half the price of the machine again on top to fix issues it had, I lost battery power whilst I was saving up for the parts I needed.

    Anyway, no worries, I have the haas floppy in my big red folder - I remember seeing it in the front sleeve when I bought the machine.

    After carefully fitting all the parts and following the guides on here and youtube regarding reloading the model and serial, I still have a bunch of alarms, so I came to reload parameters and the floppy is corrupt

    It looks like a genuine haas one, but the sleeve it was in had some paperwork that the ink has run on...I can only imagine its got wet at some point in it's life

    Anyhoo...

    How do I get the parameters? I have them in the book but I would rather not hand load them all. Is it possible to purchase the parameters from HAAS or have the file emailed?

    Any help gratefully received.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
    Hi Folks,

    I have been plugging away at a HAAS VF0 (2000) that I bought at auction two years ago.

    Having spent nearly half the price of the machine again on top to fix issues it had, I lost battery power whilst I was saving up for the parts I needed.

    Anyway, no worries, I have the haas floppy in my big red folder - I remember seeing it in the front sleeve when I bought the machine.

    After carefully fitting all the parts and following the guides on here and youtube regarding reloading the model and serial, I still have a bunch of alarms, so I came to reload parameters and the floppy is corrupt

    It looks like a genuine haas one, but the sleeve it was in had some paperwork that the ink has run on...I can only imagine its got wet at some point in it's life

    Anyhoo...

    How do I get the parameters? I have them in the book but I would rather not hand load them all. Is it possible to purchase the parameters from HAAS or have the file emailed?

    Any help gratefully received.

    Thanks
    I just had to do this do to a low memory issue, the machine chose to delete somethings that it should not have deleted. There are some parameters you have to switch off to be able to load it all. Mine said it was corrupted too, but when i opened the disk drive on my computer all the files showed up. I had to call haas and talk to a tech to help me reload everything. I had to cycle power a few times but eventually with Haas tech help on the phone I was able to get everything going again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mich, USA
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    203
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Default

    I've installed 2 of these.
    https://www.amazon.com/Gotek-SFR1M44.../dp/B0762NCHC6
    Takes 10 - 15mins.

    Get the floppy checked, and/or recovered w/ a disc tool potentially. Get the contents moved to a USB and then keep that as you BBU for the Haas volatile recovery data

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mskiin View Post
    I just had to do this do to a low memory issue, the machine chose to delete somethings that it should not have deleted. There are some parameters you have to switch off to be able to load it all. Mine said it was corrupted too, but when i opened the disk drive on my computer all the files showed up. I had to call haas and talk to a tech to help me reload everything. I had to cycle power a few times but eventually with Haas tech help on the phone I was able to get everything going again.
    Thanks, but the floppy isn't readable on my PC either.

    I will try a recovery tool.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mich, USA
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    203
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Default

    Gotchya,
    I had a CMM floppy based from the mid 90's that I recently had to recover. It actually worked via NDD.exe The CMM PC itself had NDD on it. Let me know if you want me to PM you the NDD.exe and help file. IT should work. But it's a 90's Norton app set. may not even run on newer PC.s

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
    Thanks, but the floppy isn't readable on my PC either.

    I will try a recovery tool.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
    Gotchya,
    I had a CMM floppy based from the mid 90's that I recently had to recover. It actually worked via NDD.exe The CMM PC itself had NDD on it. Let me know if you want me to PM you the NDD.exe and help file. IT should work. But it's a 90's Norton app set. may not even run on newer PC.s
    Hi, that would be incredibly helpful, I tried the free version of badcopy pro, and I can see the parameters file there on the disc now, but I have to buy the licence to save it.

    Thanks for the help

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mich, USA
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    203
    Likes (Received)
    76

    Default

    I should have noted... am out of town presently . I'll be home from KY tomorrow. Can ya PM me your email address and I'll get ya all setup if you still need it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
    Hi, that would be incredibly helpful, I tried the free version of badcopy pro, and I can see the parameters file there on the disc now, but I have to buy the licence to save it.

    Thanks for the help

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    27
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
    I should have noted... am out of town presently . I'll be home from KY tomorrow. Can ya PM me your email address and I'll get ya all setup if you still need it.
    I bit the bullet and paid the £39 for the licence. I only got the PAR file, but it's enough to get me going.

    Had to update the spindle encoder parameters as someone had replaced them a while ago, but I found the Haas help file on line and it worked well.

    Had some fun and games with solenoids and switches gone sticky with lack of use, but finally, two days later I am up and running it seems.

    Minus a manual tool release button, which was sacrificed to the gods of sheet metal 😂

    Thank you everyone for your help, on this thread and in sharing info I was able to pull together from YouTube, specifically Marc K who has a superb YouTube series on these older Haas machines

  9. Likes M K liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •