What's new
What's new

Haas restart in sub?

mhajicek

Diamond
Does anyone know a way to restart in the middle of a subprogram? I'm on a 2015 Haas (pre-NexGen). I run this main:

%
O82244 (8224R MAIN 4 UP)
G52 B0.
M98 P82245
G52 B90.
M98 P82245
G52 B180.
M98 P82245
G52 B270.
M98 P82245
M30
%

which calls a two hour and 45 minute subprogram for each part. When I lose a tool and have to come in and fix it in the middle of the night I find my options are to restart from the beginning of the part or run out that one part while sitting here and then starting up the main again.

Thanks

If so it would still be there for the next part. I'd have to use block skip to activate it only the first time. I've been using block skip to control whether or not it goes on to the next part, but I could sacrifice that.

I think I would just unload the good parts up to where you had the issue, load up new blanks and restart from the beginning of the program. That would get me back in bed the soonest.

Perhaps you could reorder your main program G52's to put the partial part at the beginning of the main. That way you could remove the ones that are done and load up with new blanks.

When I lose a tool and have to come in and fix it in the middle of the night I find my options are to restart from the beginning of the part or run out that one part while sitting here and then starting up the main again.

Thanks

What do you mean run out the part while sitting there? Watching it cut air? Or are you using program restart, setting 36?

I think that's your only option. AFAIK, you can't call a sub and jump to line number like on fanuc or mitsubishi. (M98 P# H# or Q?)

Back