What's new
What's new

Haas Servo Bar 300 Speeds

WGJ

Plastic
I am using a 2016 ST20YSS to make some custom screws. I like to run it at 50% rapids simply to keep the machine in good shape. As you probably know, that also lowers the speed of the feeder to 50% as well. Do any of you know a parameter, setting, or any other way to allow each to run at either a different rapid speed or which parameters to change to speed the feeder up from it's current max speed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I slowed down the bar advance on my feeder , But i think the only setting was for the push of the bar not the rapids .. your wanting to double the speed of the rapids so it well run full speed at 50% rapid setting ,, I dont think you can do that ,,, But you can call the factory and they can tell you ,, They were vary help full on me slowing the push speed down.

I'd think it would be a parameter change for rapids. Whether they will walk you through the steps to do it is questionable. Just thinking if you double the speeds so you can run at half speed and get full speed on the feeder sounds great until the machine is set to run at 100% again.

I too prefer to run our rapids at 50%

What I lose in time ( which rarely amounts to anything more then a few seconds)I BELIEVE I make up for in "more time to react" and less severe bumps and bruises.

When I first instated that change I had a lot of resistance from one gent in particular and he'd revert Machine setting back to 100%. He was annoyed I added cycle time to his jobs... I was annoyed he kept breaking tools and bumping things setting up and proving jobs at 100% rapids.
I think that created the wedge that pushed him out...such is life

Is there not simply an M code that you can put at the beginning of your program to limit the rapid speeds of your axes?

On my mits controlled machines, I can put an M350X700Y700Z700 that will limit the rapid speeds of those three axes to 700mm/min, but wouldn't touch the max rapid of the bar feeder. Might be worth looking into?

Back