What's new
What's new

haas sl20

quest

Plastic
I have a haas sl 20 lathe, it has a power supply board that supplies 24 volt dc to a brake on the x axis. this board is constantly going bad. back in jan. we went though 4 boards in about three weeks then it was ok untill two weeks ago.replaced it and it lasted one week and went bad. is anyone else having this problem?the lathe is a yr 2000

mine works ok but i have heard if you do not keep the air filter clean it can get real hot back there and destroy electrical components. call a tech guy at your local distributor. mine is champions 281 355 9220 they might be able to help.

Is there a diode on the brake coil?
Should there be?
If a diode (spark killer) goes bad, it might zap something.

Just a guess.

What I am saying, is that usually when one thing has been repalced more than once, it is sometimes somthing else that is torturing it. Since this drive the brake coil, and is geting zapped repeatedly, it might be time to look at the brake coil, or the diode, ( if it has one).
Ir heat as has been suggested.

have had haas service in twice . no luck. the transformer is what is going bad on this board. got a new transformer from a differant company and replaced it .so far so good.

Back