Haas st lathe issues - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IronReb View Post
    Just incase it isn't known, those centering pins are on a cam. Loosen the screw in the middle and rotate to compensate misalignment on the tool block.
    You know after reading this it jogged my memory........... I just walked out to the lathe and popped 2 blocks off of the three that haven't moved in three years(ish). The cams are all there and set...... I left them out at first after I was told to ditch them. I must have put them back in after I re-aligned the turret when I was told they were cams (I forgot about that ). That was three years ago......

so my bitching has been for nothing...... Oh well I guess you can't remember everything.

The cams that are out are for a couple custom blocks that come on and off and move position.

The boot print always annoyed me more anyway

Jason,

2. Likes IronReb liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you get to the bottom of your problems with your lathe? Just bought a Haas and I'm having the same problems. Just need to know if there's something wrong with my particular machine or if this is what Haas machines are like. I spoke to someone today with a similar size machine and he said there was definitely something wrong, but Haas haven't been able to fix it yet or give me any answers.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Patrickwatts,

What year is your machine with the same problem. I am getting delivered a brand new ST-25Y and it has different castings and arrangement than the OP's machine.