What's new
What's new

Haas Super Mini Mill 2 tear down and reassembly

MRudisill

Plastic
We are looking to get a Haas Super Mini Mill 2 here at work. Unfortunately the building wasn't originally intended for industrial use, and as a result does not have industrial access. The major bottleneck is actually an elevator. Elevator is heavy duty and well serviced.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with partial tear down / assembly to get a machine where it needs to be, likely using a professional to do that. Trying to see if this is a viable option. Even if expensive, in our situation it may be very well worth it to pay a premium to have it done.

I have contacted a rigger and am waiting on a response / meeting, but a large scale rework of the machining area is lingering on what we determine with the CNC option. Thanks in advance for any advice / input.

yes I have don this on several machines. had a vf2 we had to get threw a 40 inch door. first figure what height needs to be , and what needs to be removed. and if anything needs to be on the X, Y axis. when you get to that point let us know and I'm sure we can walk you through it.

Can you have windows taken out of the building and the machine put in with a crane? That's what I had done with a TM-1 and a Mini Mill. Windows were 6.8m from the parking lot. Carpenters removed the large windows with their frames and reinstalled them after the machines were inside. Was a whole lot easier than taking the machines so far apart that they would go through a standard room door.

Back