What's new
What's new

Haas TM-1 Height

twormsley

Plastic
Hello,

I am looking at and would like to purchase a Haas TM-1p. The problem that I have is they list the machine's max height at 105". My shop/basement has an unfinished ceiling at 93" and 102" if I go up and between the joists.

Looking at the layout drawings, it looks like I could get the room I need by modifying the feet and framing out the joists for an area large enough for the Z axis and cabling.

Has anyone had the same problem and does anyone see a problem with modifying the feet? Also, I realize that would need to tilt the machine to feed it into its home and have the equipment to do so, but I am not sure about attachment points or any other issues with tilting the machine.

Thanks, Tom

Hello,

I am looking at and would like to purchase a Haas TM-1p. The problem that I have is they list the machine's max height at 105". My shop/basement has an unfinished ceiling at 93" and 102" if I go up and between the joists.

Looking at the layout drawings, it looks like I could get the room I need by modifying the feet and framing out the joists for an area large enough for the Z axis and cabling.

Has anyone had the same problem and does anyone see a problem with modifying the feet? Also, I realize that would need to tilt the machine to feed it into its home and have the equipment to do so, but I am not sure about attachment points or any other issues with tilting the machine.

Thanks, Tom

you will b every close! 105" is likely the minimum with the feet as shown in the diagram. my 2007 tm'1 sat at 105". BUT you can always b creative! the pucks provided by haas add 1.5"approx, and th TM series sits on risers under the casting which are used to widen the foorprint, if you remove these youl drop it something like 6", if you have a good foundation you could always remove these and the leveling pucks and bolt it to studs in your foundation for leveling/stability, or make lower profile stance widners!

another thought is the energy cable on top of my tm was a round hose (unlike the vf's) you could remove a small length of it as its the tallest objjuct, or swap it for something more flexable and just let it hit the roof all the time (thats what i would do)

i would not let that 3" stop you from having fun :)

as for getting it in, i slipped mine under my 84" garage door (0.125" clearence) just lowered the head all the way, unbolted the energy chain ans set on its side, and removed the spindle resistor box. take those risers off ant it will get even lower (but unstable if you have a oops!

as for lifting, the eyes on my 07 where right on top, if you have an overhead opbstruction that would be super tough. it does pallet jack up and roll easly tho!

Back