What's new
What's new

HAAS TM-1P Delivered!

mtflyboy25

Plastic
We just got our TM1P delivered and set and wired up. We are waiting on the HAAS guys to come finish the install at the moment.

We only went with the TM1P as our first cnc due to the single phase power. The whole CV19 crushed our hopes of getting into a new shop. We have a 40x100 shop currently but no possibility of 3 phase.

We will be attempting to make some of our own products that we are currently having to pay others to make out of stainless. Anyone have any advice for using this machine in general to attempt to cut stainless.

Awesome!Please share your thoughts when you get some cycle time. I’m in the same boat, I’ve been looking at a TM1P or TM2P plus a lathe (I have to go used for now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a mini mill 2. Essentially identical machines sans travels.

They will acruately and reliably cut stainless all day, but it won't be fast. The rigidity isn't there to push things fast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you are going to run on single phase I can't stress enough, Check your power and make sure its clean. Have an electrician put a monitor on the line. See my other post about running Haas on single phase in the cnc section. If you are on a shared transformer you have good possibilities of cooking boards and bad finishes because the powerload won't be consistent. I install between 60-80 Haas a year (When no pandemic) and that includes dozens of TM's and it seems the most complaints I hear about are on single phase.

Do "Lemon Laws" or similar apply to new cnc machine tools?

Congrats on the new machine though.

Back