What's new
What's new

Haas TM1P Phantom Directory In Memory

Anhur

Plastic
Hey all,

I have an almost new TM1P that has a small glitch in the memory. To be fair I know for a fact I created this issue. It is common for me to use a flash drive to transfer the nc from my laptop to the Haas control. Sometimes I have found that as I am flying through the process of transferring the programs from the flash to the memory I can accidentally create a new directory in the memory. This usually happens when I leave text in the input box. The new unwanted directory will take the name of the text I leave in the input area. In the past this has not really been an issue and I can delete the unwanted directory and move on. Problem is this happened the other day and after I deleted the directory it still shows up when I save files from the flash usb to the memory. Wouldn't be a huge deal, but it trips me up at times and ticks me off. The unwanted directory is the .125 in the attachment photo. Any ideas on eliminating this problem directory are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180731_142209.jpg
    20180731_142209.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
Might just have to treat it like a memory corruption and have to clear everything and reload all the parameters, etc.

I'm thinking that the dot is not allowable as the first character in a directory name. But if you have deleted it then you won't be able to address it in the control, such as by trying to rename it without the dot.

Back