Haas tm2 wonít boot up
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Haas tm2 wonít boot up

I have a 2005 tm2 that doesnít want to boot up. This morning had a 165 alarm proximity alarm. I cleaned the sensor and went to restart the machine to see if it would zero, and now it wonít boot up.

Now when I start the control it beeps like it usually does but the screen fades to a light white colour then to a faint blue and then black. Pressing buttons on the control beep or anything.

I have had this machine for about six months but havenít ran it a whole lot yet. It did throw an alarm for the 320v power supply one time but cleared after a restart and hasnít have trouble since. When I open the cabinet now the power supply doesnít have any indication lights. Iím not sure if this is normal or not.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hoggerdogger View Post
    I have a 2005 tm2 that doesn’t want to boot up. This morning had a 165 alarm proximity alarm. I cleaned the sensor and went to restart the machine to see if it would zero, and now it won’t boot up.

Now when I start the control it beeps like it usually does but the screen fades to a light white colour then to a faint blue and then black. Pressing buttons on the control beep or anything.

I have had this machine for about six months but haven’t ran it a whole lot yet. It did throw an alarm for the 320v power supply one time but cleared after a restart and hasn’t have trouble since. When I open the cabinet now the power supply doesn’t have any indication lights. I’m not sure if this is normal or not.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Have the batteries been replaced?

Don’t remember when the batteries went bad in the machine at work what exactly happened, but this sounds like the same thing?

I didn’t back up the parameters before hand, but with the help of the local HFO, was able to load all the parameters again, painful to say the least!

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info………..good luck!

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No I havenít changed the batteries. One of those I think of when Iím not around the machine and always seem to forget when Iím in the shop haha.
    Unfortunately Iím in a pretty rural area so getting someone out to look could be and issue so Iím hoping I can get this figured on my own

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hoggerdogger View Post
    No I haven’t changed the batteries. One of those I think of when I’m not around the machine and always seem to forget when I’m in the shop haha.
    Unfortunately I’m in a pretty rural area so getting someone out to look could be and issue so I’m hoping I can get this figured on my own
    I didn't have anybody come out from the HFO, it was all done over the phone......we purchased the machine new, don't know if it makes a difference on the support?

Did you backup the parameters?

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just my own opinion, I would not advise a new owner to dig into changing or checking batteries. Especially if you don't have everything absoultly backed up.

JMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by machineit2 View Post
    Just my own opinion, I would not advise a new owner to dig into changing or checking batteries. Especially if you don't have everything absoultly backed up.

JMHO
    I asked if he backed up the parameters, no response yet?

The process for changing the batteries I found on this forum, fairly straight forward, they need to be checked first?

I wasn't suggesting just changing the batteries without a backup?

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No unfortunately havenít backed up parameters. Have reached out to HFO so I will wait to see what they suggest before I start poking around

8. Likes machineit2 liked this post