What's new
What's new

Haas Tooling non-op?

chip-load

Aluminum
As most know Haas has added a new business function called Hass Tooling. While parts are sourced all over the world it’s the importer that dictates quality and so far Haas seems to be doing a good job. However, the web site seems to be dysfunctional. During the on-line open house and marketing push, a plethora or tooling was demonstrated and supposedly available for shipping. Nonetheless, only a small sampling of tooling is actually available for purchase and many illustrated parts can’t be ordered because the correct holder for the part is nonexistent.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Believe me, finish is not as important as metal quality and proper heat treating.

One thing, not that it's a slam dunk by any means, but a broken pullstud from Haas on a Haas machine would make it much easier (I would think?) to get your machine fixed if it wrecked something?

Details on why they don't seem up to par?

For one, the Haas studs don't have a piloted shoulder above the threads that engage with the holder.
The threads seem to feel like a loose 2B thread fit.
They just don't feel/fit like the MariTool knobs.

No affiliation w/ Mari, he just makes great tooling that I happen to like.

For one, the Haas studs don't have a piloted shoulder above the threads that engage with the holder.
The threads seem to feel like a loose 2B thread fit.
They just don't feel/fit like the MariTool knobs.

No affiliation w/ Mari, he just makes great tooling that I happen to like.

I have both and both work as should. Tip of my hat going toward Frank.
I swore my haas ones had the shoulder

The Haas studs are on the left. The finish is very good. I miced the thread OD and they are 0.001" under size. However, they do feel a little loose. The other no-name stud on the right has the same looseness.

Stud.jpg

Back