What's new
What's new

HAAS UMC750SS Brake Engagement Failure

NeedCNC

Aluminum
Has anyone seen this alarm on the UMC750SS?

7.4011 C (5th Axis) Rotary Brake Engagement Failure

We bought one last year, after install the machine was down for 2 days while the technician bled the hydraulic brake system. After that we have not had any trouble.

This month we installed a 2nd UMC750SS. We have had power to the machine for 12 days. Last week we signed off the install. We have not been able to run yet. We are getting the same alarm.

The service guy has bled the system several times. I'm not sure why this has not been addressed at the factory level.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this machine operational?

P_20170726_074823.jpg

Has anyone seen this alarm on the UMC750SS?

We bought one last year, after install the machine was down for 2 days while the technician bled the hydraulic brake system. After that we have not had any trouble.

This month we installed a 2nd UMC750SS. We have had power to the machine for 12 days. Last week we signed off the install. We have not been able to run yet. We are getting the same alarm.

The service guy has bled the system several times. I'm not sure why this has not been addressed at the factory level.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this machine operational?

View attachment 204071

See if it runs with the brake off?

M10 Engage 4th-Axis Brake (B-axis)
M11 Release 4th-Axis Brake (B-axis)
M12 Engage 5th-Axis Brake (C-axis)
M13 Release 5th-Axis Brake (C-Axis)

The machine cannot get pass the power up routine.
M12 and M13 will cycle if the clamp error is not present.
As soon as the machine is shut down and restarted the alarm appears before power up is complete.

Well we got direct support from Haas. The machine is up and running. Hopefully this gets pushed up the food chain so we don't see it in another machine in the future.

Well we got direct support from Haas. The machine is up and running. Hopefully this gets pushed up the food chain so we don't see it in another machine in the future.

What was the fault?

Ours is having problems releasing the brake on C-axis right now. Alarm 7.4003

Seems to be related to the cold temps as its been only happening in the mornings the past couple days. Shop is about 40°F this morning. After trying to cycle the brakes 20-30 times in MDI, it seems to be able to get through one program. Brake still slow to release though. Still under warranty so I'll be calling the HFO when they open.

can someone please reply what the fix is. we have the same problem and they can't fix it.

thank you for any input

Our TR160Y occasionally fails to lock the brake on the tilt axis. Once it starts acting up no amount of trying to cycle it will work. The magic spell is to take the cover plate off, cycle it a few times, and put the cover plate back on, then it's good for another couple years. No idea why this works.

We have 8 UMC 750's Haas has a rebuild kit for the c-axis brake lower section P/N 93-3051. I am working on one now that the C axis brake is leaking in to the gear case, I think. I have rebuilt the lower end of the C Axis brake. I cleaned and degreased the platter area and the seals there seam fine. The ting would build pressure and blead off until we removed the gear case cover then it makes about 100 lbs of pressure then bleads off in 1-2 seconds. I cant find were the oil is going yet. Any help on that one?

Back