Haas Vf-2 on 100 Amp Panel, Phase Converter Recommendations - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I changed the breaker for this and my own curoisity, It is still running fine, it is a 12k machine if that matters. I have 400 amps 242 volts here and am going to 200 amps at 213v in Idaho so I have power concerns as well. That compressor is a big horse to feed, you might put in a smaller one and let the big one pick up any slack by adjusting the pressure on the big one a bit lower, also it taked a lot more power to make 175 psi as many compressors as opposed to the 90 psi you actually need.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well its good to see I'm not the only one with the machine shut down problem. I run VF2ssyt on 20hp perfect phase and 150 amp service. If spindle ramps at same time as compressor fires up machine shuts down completely. Also, during rapid and ramp I sometimes get low voltage and machine is slowed down if I have heaters in my shop running. I noticed my machine runs about 97-98% voltage at stand still and drops down to 91% all the time during ramps so I changed the voltage configuration and machine sits at about 104% which is still within the Haas 10% tolerance and now it drops to mid and upper 90s when running and I haven't had low voltage or shut down since. I also bought a VFD and a 3 phase motor for my compressor so I could have much longer start up ramp and perhaps even run it slower for less noise, but have not got around to installing it yet since I haven't had shutdowns since.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizer View Post
    I changed the breaker for this and my own curoisity, It is still running fine, it is a 12k machine if that matters. I have 400 amps 242 volts here and am going to 200 amps at 213v in Idaho so I have power concerns as well. That compressor is a big horse to feed, you might put in a smaller one and let the big one pick up any slack by adjusting the pressure on the big one a bit lower, also it taked a lot more power to make 175 psi as many compressors as opposed to the 90 psi you actually need.
    400 amps, so nice. The compressor is in the facility and it is running a 16 stage screen press (for the other tenant) so I will have to see how much psi/cfm he is actually using. I know it turns on every 20 minutes or so which could be frequent enough to turn on at the same time the machine is doing a high amp startup/operation. Thank you for the help on this and I hope your new power situation works out for you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyman View Post
    Well its good to see I'm not the only one with the machine shut down problem. I run VF2ssyt on 20hp perfect phase and 150 amp service. If spindle ramps at same time as compressor fires up machine shuts down completely. Also, during rapid and ramp I sometimes get low voltage and machine is slowed down if I have heaters in my shop running. I noticed my machine runs about 97-98% voltage at stand still and drops down to 91% all the time during ramps so I changed the voltage configuration and machine sits at about 104% which is still within the Haas 10% tolerance and now it drops to mid and upper 90s when running and I haven't had low voltage or shut down since. I also bought a VFD and a 3 phase motor for my compressor so I could have much longer start up ramp and perhaps even run it slower for less noise, but have not got around to installing it yet since I haven't had shutdowns since.
    Lazyman, are you adjusting the voltage in the Haas next-gen control itself?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bjf5051 View Post
    Not the control, the actual physical power connections in the electrical cabinet. I believe there are 3 positions to accommodate people with slightly lower or higher voltages. Have not had an issue so far no shut downs yet and have never seen machine rapid slow down due to low voltage like I would often get before when running shop heat and compressor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not the control, the actual physical power connections in the electrical cabinet. I believe there are 3 positions to accommodate people with slightly lower or higher voltages. Have not had an issue so far no shut downs yet and have never seen machine rapid slow down due to low voltage like I would often get before when running shop heat and compressor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyman View Post
    Good to know thanks!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Haas incoming power, voltage selection physical settings

Good to know thanks!

Haas incoming power, voltage selection physical settings. See attached picture and physically select 3-wire-set location by moving the 3 black wires (only) to selected location based on your general voltage readings. In my case I mated them with the 244V-360V yellow set of wires. leaving my pink, green and blue open.

On a seperate note...
    Was told that the created 3phase leg (the high leg in my case) should be on L2, the center incoming lug on main switch. Whether that is true in everyones case or not I have no idea, in my case it was true and what got me up and running. Where before I had e-stop errors at rpm increase/decrease and delta/wye changes.

-TH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20191022_123556529.jpg