What's new
What's new

Haas VF door window replace (old style)

Tryhard

Aluminum
Hey guys, Next on my agenda is replacing the door windows in the 98 VF-OE. They are the old gasket style.

I currently have the doors out of the machine for a deep cleaning and touch-up. Was considering putting them back in before attempting the windows.
What might be best method, install the doors back in the machine first? or while they are out and up on a workbench?

Thanks in advance!

if it were me I'd install the doors without the windows if it were me. I have done it both ways. and it worked better for me that way. your mileage may vary!

installing the windows after the door was installed. by the way, the old style windows were on the bubble machines. I guess yours would be about a gen 3 style window.

It sounds good to have the door out, but you end up have to push and pull hard to get them installed and I would imagine it is easier to do in the machine. It is good to have a little help too. All I have done was by myself and another couple of hands would have been nice. I have two more to do soon and I will wait until I have help.

Mike

installing the windows after the door was installed. by the way, the old style windows were on the bubble machines. I guess yours would be about a gen 3 style window.

I think so, I have a 98 VF-OE. Looks like we will try it with the doors installed. Thanks Hoss710!

It sounds good to have the door out, but you end up have to push and pull hard to get them installed and I would imagine it is easier to do in the machine. It is good to have a little help too. All I have done was by myself and another couple of hands would have been nice. I have two more to do soon and I will wait until I have help.
Mike

Yes, will have an extra set of hands. thank you Mike!

Went to a local Platics/Plexi house for new Windows in both the Doors and Sides. Twas FAR cheaper than OEM. Ensure you get the PolyCarb. Anywho... I took my doors out to put in the new sheets. Mine needed door roller replacements and repair anyway. BUT... a LOT of WD 40 was required when trying to get it all those edges to seal in. IThink I used some tire spoons or a dull edge for sliding along to insert. (you'll see ). and I think I used a heat gun to soften things up. The 2nd door went much faster after I learned. Haas can sell you the rubber stripping if yours is really bad. There is a section in the service manual for Door Window replacement and correct gasket orientation. That one I know I could find again. Might be the 96 manual... Again, I find different tech sections in different years.

The 2nd door went much faster after I learned. Haas can sell you the rubber stripping if yours is really bad.

We did this today. All went well. 2nd door absolutely went much faster than the first. Although I think this may have been easier with the doors out of the machine and up on a work bench, putting the doors on the machine with the windows in would have been a lil more difficult. We did buy the rubber window gasket a few months back, don't remember what we paid, but it was quite a bit cheaper than Haas. Still have enough to do one more door. Got it on ebay or amazon, but it came from Grainger. For anyone planning on doing this, you will find this tool (link) to be very useful. (see pic below)

Windows came from TAP Plastics online store. Just spec'd out the material, entered dimensions and corner radii. Don't remember what we paid, but it was also quite a bit cheaper than Haas. My side windows look like poo, but they are captive due to my 8' ceiling. So I am stuck with them for the time being.

....Mine needed door roller replacements and repair anyway.

I REALLY should have replaced these assemblies. Or at minimum the rollers. My doors sound like a box truck going down a gravel road. All I was able to see regarding door parts for my machine on Haas website was just the sheet metal roller arms, lever piece itself. Saw a bearing set on ebay last summer, should have bought them up.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!!!

Useful tool.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I’m wanting to replace the windows and seals on my year 2000 vf0e as well,

I got a price from haas for the seals and they wanted £225 plus vat for 50ft of seal

Does anybody know a link to the correct seal online as it’s probably a 1/4 if that price elsewhere

Thanks
Marc

Hi

I’m wanting to replace the windows and seals on my year 2000 vf0e as well,

I got a price from haas for the seals and they wanted £225 plus vat for 50ft of seal

Does anybody know a link to the correct seal online as it’s probably a 1/4 if that price elsewhere

Thanks
Marc

Trim Lok brand is ---> here.
Knockoff is ---> here.

Cheers!

Back