What's new
What's new

Haas VF0 work offset reversal

ArtJensen

Plastic
Hey guys. Brand new to the forum but have read and learned a ton here. I just got a sweet low spindle hour 95 VF0 for my home shop. When setting work offsets, upon pressing part zero set, the negative number on the screen flips to a positive. The really annoying part is you have to manually flip the Z as all Z values have to be measured and typed in. Machine runs great as long as you know to do this. I would just roll with it the way it is, but when you need to tweak the Z, it’s just kind of a pain and the machine I run at work all day is not like this. So before I ruin a part or crash my “new to me” machine, I am thinking I should get this squared away. My question is does anyone know what parameter or setting switches this back to normal? Tool offsets are normal, it’s just the work offsets. And it is set up as Fanuc. With the extensive knowledge of the Haas operators on this forum, no doubt someone has seen this before. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Parameter 57 Common Switch 1:

NEGATIVE WRK OFFSET – Selects use of work offsets in negative direction.

...and you can find a lot of information on these Parms from the Service Manual PDFs.

the exact Google search:
Haas service operators filetype:PDF

there is also a lot of different and diverse info over different years and manuals. So a Service manual for 95 may have a key tech/electrical element that the 98 version may not have. IT's a mixed bag. Download them all IMO.

I use the search feature a lot too on this site and that 'other' site... but this is far more precise and polite a forum.

That worked. Thank you very much for the help jancollc. I really appreciate the quick response.

I will definitely download the manuals, Countryguy. That is great advice.

Back