What's new
What's new

HAAS VF2 on Phase Perfect PT330 10HP (PT010)

CLRacer3

Plastic
I couldn't get anybody from HAAS or Phase Perfect to confirm a real world scenario. Just curious if anyone is running a HAAS VF2 with a Phase Perfect PT330 (PT010) 10 hp?

With this unit, it will handle 150 amps of start up load for four seconds. Continuous load of 36 amps.

I would be a one man shop and wouldn't be running the machine extremely hard.

Our VF2's at work don't pull more than 36 amps at any time when running but am really just curious if there are any other entrepreneurs out there running this setup without issue?

As always, thank you for your expertise and advice.

I do with my 96 vf2, 20/15 vector drive. I do have Accel set to 150% or so, which you can't do on ngc I don't believe.

What year and specs of VF-2?

Not sure, but I believe that Phase Perfect static phase converter ratings are 1:1 in RPC horsepower to CNC horsepower. So a 20hp phase perfect should pair up with a 20ph VF-2.

My 2 cents on a rotary type phase converter...
Just got my own 20HP haas working on a 25hp RPC. And have a friend running 15hp to 15hp Haas VF-3 on a rotary. Earlier today another member commented
"Machineit2: I ran two VF-2's and a Hardinge CHNC 1 (all simultaneously) off of a single 20 HP converter on a 40 amp breaker for many years."
So, it has all been done. Haven't seen anything special done for the RPC, just balance the power, make sure to upsize the wire a size or two. Haas salesmen, phase converter salesmen and electricians seem to caution against it. Perhaps for perfect storm scenarios?

With that said, static phase converters are indeed a different animal. But if you post more details about your haas and the phaseperfect that you have then this crowd can certainly help point you in the right direction!

Cheers

I run a 20hp model on VF2SSYT. Runs fine, if anything my neighborhood transformer is the limiting factor. I personally would not go down to 10hp model, but if you ask them they seem to be willing to let you exchange it for a bigger one if it doesn't work out.

Back