What's new
What's new

haas vf2 tool change

j.eddy

Plastic
I am currently running a 2008 vf2 with a 20 pot umbrella tool changer. Can someone direct me on how to set and use tool# greater than 20. I have run Milltronics that would allow you to run any tool number you want but obviously wouldnt be in the umbrella. I have ran fanuc controls that wouldnt allow any tools greater than how many pots there were. thanks in advance.

You can't run tool #'s greater than 20. You CAN use tool offsets greater than 20.
Run T20, M00, hand change tool, use H21, run tool, M00, hand change tool, use H22, etc.
You'll need to turn off H&T code agreement in your Settings.

edit: Don't forget to put T20 back in when you're done. ;)

I realize there's no staging, obviously the pots are dedicated for specific tools. Similar to a matrix style tool magazine, such as on my matsuura. Tool always goes back to the same pot. However I can change the tool number in that pot to anything 1-9999.

All my haas machines have side-mount toolchangers and there's been times I've changed tool numbers in the pocket table. Not too often but once in a while.

I would have thought you can do the same with an umbrella machine. It is the same control...

I suppose the toolchange sequence or logic is different since you need to return the current tool first, before selecting next one. Seems lazy on Haas' part you can't do it and everything is "fixed". It should just run off pot numbers instead. Too bad.

I realize there's no staging, obviously the pots are dedicated for specific tools. Similar to a matrix style tool magazine, such as on my matsuura. Tool always goes back to the same pot. However I can change the tool number in that pot to anything 1-9999.

All my haas machines have side-mount toolchangers and there's been times I've changed tool numbers in the pocket table. Not too often but once in a while.

I would have thought you can do the same with an umbrella machine. It is the same control...

I suppose the toolchange sequence or logic is different since you need to return the current tool first, before selecting next one. Seems lazy on Haas' part you can't do it and everything is "fixed". It should just run off pot numbers instead. Too bad.

Yeah, no tool table on Haas with umbrella changers. You will have to change the setting of "H and T match" to off or disable. Be careful though, this can cause issues if not careful.

I mean if you think about it, the umbrella is not able to move one tool from one spot to another, at least not without an empty tool pocket, so there really wouldn't be much point. brother speedio and fanuc robo drills work the same way, and they are very fast machines.

Back