What's new
What's new

Haas vf3 year 2000 error 103

JARMSTRONG

Plastic
I cant seem to find what is causing error 103 x-axis overload. The machine wont home x-axis with power up restart so i turned on jog without zero and when trying to jog x the motor jerks really hard and throws the alarm. I have gone through the troubleshooting manuals to check the motor the cables (power and encoder) the amplifier the parameters everything seems to check out. Its like the motor should be working properly but its not. Disconnected the motor and the trucks and ballscrews are fine and plenty of oil on the rails. The machine was working just fine and suddenly just started malfunctioning without any reason. Y and z axis are working properly so i tried swapping x and y amplifiers but must have done something wrong because on powering up the machine the x motor started trying to move when it shouldnt have. Im very confused about whats causing this and the manuals dont say anything else so i dont know what else to check. Any ideas? Is it possible the cable is still at fault even though when checked for continuity end to end the cable seemed good?

IS this the error? Alarm 103 X servo error too large. There are posts here about the encoders (among others). https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/haas/alarm-103-x-servo-error-too-large-275252/ There are notes about the limit switches... and some posts here to check.
https://www.*******.com/forums/haas-mills/107584-x-limit-switch-92-vf-0-103-a.html

I cant seem to find what is causing error 103 x-axis overload. The machine wont home x-axis with power up restart so i turned on jog without zero and when trying to jog x the motor jerks really hard and throws the alarm. I have gone through the troubleshooting manuals to check the motor the cables (power and encoder) the amplifier the parameters everything seems to check out. Its like the motor should be working properly but its not. Disconnected the motor and the trucks and ballscrews are fine and plenty of oil on the rails. The machine was working just fine and suddenly just started malfunctioning without any reason. Y and z axis are working properly so i tried swapping x and y amplifiers but must have done something wrong because on powering up the machine the x motor started trying to move when it shouldnt have. Im very confused about whats causing this and the manuals dont say anything else so i dont know what else to check. Any ideas? Is it possible the cable is still at fault even though when checked for continuity end to end the cable seemed good?

Not familiar with the VF3,
You could try disconnecting the servo wires at the servo (and insulating them) to see if the cable has leakage to ground which may not show up on and Ohm meter.

Back