What's new
What's new

HAAS ? why can't buy parts for my 20 year old machine without a freakin P-L statement

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
HAAS ? why can't i buy parts for my 19 year old machine

i have to "register" with haas? i assumed i ":registered" in july1999 when i paid $68k

wtf? i've owned the mill for 19 years... paid cash for it with a personal check. they didn't ask a fucking thing when they got the cash...no forms
necessary..........

now... they ask for credentials , and want my banking information?

i just wanted to buy parts...................

Hmm..
I did not know you can purchase directly from Haas, was under the impression that all orders must go through the HFO.
May not need be your local HFO, but an HFO nonetheless.

I want to like haas and I want a haas but I just hear so much bad stuff about them. I’ll probably go with another brand. I planning on getting a new machine in the next year as I need more travel and I don’t think it will be a haas.

I can understand the "register" part to a degree, but only to the extent of knowing serial number to determine age and making sure the part will in fact fit,
but financial credentials?
Pretty sure my HFO does take CC, no need for anything else.

I can understand the "register" part to a degree, but only to the extent of knowing serial number to determine age and making sure the part will in fact fit,
Pretty sure my HFO does take CC, no need for anything else.

tell that to the woman over the phone! i tried !!Q!

don't "like" a haas ? they are a wuss-ass "machine" use >1/2" tools, and they
don't hog. my 1969 Toolmaster #1 will outcut the vf-3 all day long with a 1" endmill.

a haas , however... has the BEST cnc interface. the BEST computer , EVER.

so...the iron sucks, the control is awesome, so you use different tactics.

FANUC is miserble compared to HAAS, but they tend to be connected to MORI SEIKI
so that evens the field.

Pretty sure my HFO does take CC, no need for anything else

maybe you could broker the sale for me from your hfo . it'd be more than justified for
me to pay you a commission of sorts.... it is a roll of plastic weather seal.

not plutonium.

don't rule out haas because i'm pissed at their parts people..... some are
much worse. try calling someone in taiwan or korea in the middle of the night.

i bought a haas because EVERY shop i went to ,running haas anything was making
parts. they were up , while other machines..not so good.

i really wanted the republic-lagun , Tree, or the cincinnati with the 2100 controls.

would have been th worst $100k decision ever. either could've out-cut the .
haas by 3x .... would've been great for about 6 months...

found out later that the windows nt cnc controls are unstable. and don't work

There are a number of threads in PM about HAAS, mostly negative.

When you are shipping hundreds of machines per month, the percentage of dissatisfied customers represented by irate PMers is insignificant.

i bought a haas because EVERY shop i went to ,running haas anything was making
parts. they were up, while other machines..not so good

Aaaand there you have it.

Having followed those threads, the common theme is that the Haas company and product, particularly the control, was quite good. Of late, however, the new control and support for the older machines is not good. This just my personal observation. Dig up those threads and talk to the people involved.

Tom

I've worked with Haas machines for some time now. Up to and including on super alloy turbine blades. never had any issues and service was good. Ymmv

HAAS ? why can't i buy parts for my 19 year old machine

i have to "register" with haas? i assumed i ":registered" in july1999 when i paid $68k

wtf? i've owned the mill for 19 years... paid cash for it with a personal check. they didn't ask a fucking thing when they got the cash...no forms
necessary..........

now... they ask for credentials , and want my banking information?

i just wanted to buy parts...................

Sounds like they are wanting to give you an open account so you can just order, they ship and bill ya.

I could be wrong...wouldn't be the 1st time.

As for someone not buying a machine because of that...at lease when you get to the end of the phone call they have and ship out the parts that day, your not raked over the coals on price parts come in the following day and life goes on.

Wait till they take your order, charge you many multiples more then the part is worth then make you wait for it to come in from overseas, get held up in customers as they don't stock "that" part.

Wait till you ask for help on you 10 year old machine and nobody at teh service desk knows "that" old model.

All said and done...service. Some companies are better then others, some HFO'd are better then others and I have heard of a few horror HFO's that would keep me away from Haas. See whats in your area..ask around.

Yea the price for features just doesn’t seem too competitive to me either. I really need a large travel machine but I cannot afford it so I think I’ll just keep shopping around and saving money till I can get what I need.

some HFO's are better then others

Ours has to come up here from Denver which is a 4-hour trip. If it's anything less than an emergency they will schedule several local visits for one trip and split the travel time among the clients. Also, they have never hesitated to spend whatever time is needed on the phone walking one of our people through something, whether it's to troubleshoot a strange alarm or swap out parts. If there is a danger that a wrong move can zorch a board (or screw up something inaccessible) they will tell us "if you F it up, it's on you; if we F it up it's on us." I very much appreciate that level of frankness. Over decades of dealing with Fanuc there was never more than the absolute minimum of helpful communication.

Back