What's new
What's new

Haas wireless tool setter problem

alexf

Plastic
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to fix an issue I'm having with the wireless tool setter on my Haas TM3 with next gen control.
When touching of tools and doing just a length measurement everything works fine but when I do a length and diameter measurement where the spindle has to spin then the tool will come down to about 3" over the probe,start to spin and then feed down slowly. I always get a surface not found error as it seems the tool does not come down far enough to start it's measurement cycle. I can't understand why it works ok when I'm doing just a length measurement.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like it didn't get set up correctly. There are two macros in the upper 500 range, one is for spinning tools. You can fiddle with this until it's right if you have a reference.

Sounds like you need longer tools.

You do know you need to give it an approximate length?

Yes I did all of that, it's just strange that it used to work fine and now does not. I managed to get around it by just doing a manual probe instead of an automatic one. It would be nice to know what changed though.

Yes I did all of that, it's just strange that it used to work fine and now does not. I managed to get around it by just doing a manual probe instead of an automatic one. It would be nice to know what changed though.

Your approximate length is probably out of range?

I don't know if there's a setting to change how far above the table probe the tool travels before it faults out?

When I have this issue, I look at how far the the tool was off the probe and make the correction of the approximate tool length....or you could waste time and use the non rotating tool measurement and the enter that into the approximate tool length, then you can go back and probe with it rotating?

Kevin

You did not say is this was renishaw? if so, I've called the US Support team, and the US website w/ support manuals and materials on their stuff is pretty darn good. Prob. re-run of the macros for setup on the TS. I assume you have the 2 channel Probe and TS Haas installed version? anywho- Call Reni.. they are pretty darn super IMO.

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to fix an issue I'm having with the wireless tool setter on my Haas TM3 with next gen control.
When touching of tools and doing just a length measurement everything works fine but when I do a length and diameter measurement where the spindle has to spin then the tool will come down to about 3" over the probe,start to spin and then feed down slowly. I always get a surface not found error as it seems the tool does not come down far enough to start it's measurement cycle. I can't understand why it works ok when I'm doing just a length measurement.
Any help would be appreciated.

Your approximate rang (length) needs to be within .300 to .400 of actual. We just scale it and use that number to input in the template. Try reducing the length by .100 until it works.

How are your batteries ? Even if they check out with a volt meter you should change them if they have a few months use. Just a strait down cycle only takes a few seconds but a rotating touch off requires the probe to be on for much longer draining the battery down, and if it's close to being dead already that could cause it to lose it's connection during the rotating probe cycle.

Make Chips Boys

Ron

Back