What's new
What's new

hass vf1 165 code when homeing

x axis limit switch. Pull the left way cover and move the table to the right. Clean the switch and verify it's working.

If it keeps happening you need a new limit switch. You can order it from Haas.

I had to replace one a few years ago. The cable plugs in at the rear of the machine. When you unplug it from the back, tie a long string to the cable end. Then pull the cable through from the front, bringing the string with it. Tie the string to the new cable, and go back around to the back and use the string to pull the new cable back through.

Beats crawling around and getting covered with way oil and muck. ;)

Discard the oily piece of string.

table does not have to come off? does drain pan around the table have to come off to remove the way cover? and i will disgaurd the string.lol

table does not have to come off? does drain pan around the table have to come off to remove the way cover? and i will disgaurd the string.lol
No, table does not have to come off, or the pan. Just remove the fasteners on the table side of the left side way cover and slide it back. It's not necessary to remove the way cover completely. Leave it connected at the end- only need to unbolt it from the table.

With the table all the way to the right, the limit switch will be easy to access. 2 fasteners and it's off.

You might need to do the same with the Y axis cover between the table and the column- that's where the cable runs through to the back of the machine.

Back