What's new
What's new

Hello fellow CNC'RS I am just about to order a a lcd Monitor for my 1992 vf2

PAMA

Plastic
I broke the old crt monitor when the metal panel fell on it ,the keypad went, and i had to remove the front panel to change it ,ok I am about to order this LCD from China,$465 Canadian from China,on ebay free shipping,ok here is the real problem I live way up north on Vancouver island ,and to get a haas tech here is way to costly, as i us my vf2 for home projects not as a income,what happened was I stored some Prawn bait in the garage and the rats got in and made a nest in the head stock of the vf2 and chewed threw some wires ,I repaired all wires ,but received alarm servos off I tried to reset to no avail????is there a way to manually rest servos?

Maybe narrow the problem by disabling the X and Y axis and see if the Z zeroes. If still an alarm then disconnect the X and Y cables. Then try each other axis alone.
Use the diagnostic page to check the switches are working.
There is no manual override on servo alarms. No alarm number?
$465 even in Canadian seems expensive. There is nothing special about the screen, any LCD monitor that fits can be used. What you need is a Monochrome Display Adapter to VGA converter.
There are CGA/EGA adapters but they will not work, must be MDA. Same companies make both but since the MDA is used on CNC machines the price is higher.
Have you tried Alibaba or AliExpress?
There are open frame LCD screens (LCD without a case). The 12" screens are higher price because, again, they are used in CNC machines.

Maybe narrow the problem by disabling the X and Y axis and see if the Z zeroes. If still an alarm then disconnect the X and Y cables. Then try each other axis alone.
Use the diagnostic page to check the switches are working.
There is no manual override on servo alarms. No alarm number?
$465 even in Canadian seems expensive. There is nothing special about the screen, any LCD monitor that fits can be used. What you need is a Monochrome Display Adapter to VGA converter.
There are CGA/EGA adapters but they will not work, must be MDA. Same companies make both but since the MDA is used on CNC machines the price is higher.
Have you tried Alibaba or AliExpress?
There are open frame LCD screens (LCD without a case). The 12" screens are higher price because, again, they are used in CNC machines.
Hello again hope you are still here I bought a display adapter works great with new flat screen,new problem lost all set up soft wear parameter etc,any advice for a 1992 vf2?

Back