Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Help - How to change active tool number

Hi All

How can I change the active tool number above my current 10 tool changer on my haas?

I would like to put some manual tools in my spindle but would like to have the machine pause so I can to the change. When I to M6 T12 i get an error

thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just use an M0 then put the new tool in. Say you've got tool 10 and tool 12. But tool 12 doesn't exist as far as the machine is concerned. So after you run tool 10, have an M0, exchange tool 10 with tool 12 and continue on. For tool 10 you would use H10/D10, and for tool 12 use H12/D12. There is a parameter for having H and T match, so you'll have to disable that.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, use T10 and H11/12/13/etc. Turn off H&T agreement in settings, and then toolchange at an M0.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    just use an M0 then put the new tool in. Say you've got tool 10 and tool 12. But tool 12 doesn't exist as far as the machine is concerned. So after you run tool 10, have an M0, exchange tool 10 with tool 12 and continue on. For tool 10 you would use H10/D10, and for tool 12 use H12/D12. There is a parameter for having H and T match, so you'll have to disable that.
    Thanks Larry - that makes sense would be great if one could make any tool active and then touch off the tool height and such & if a tool is called that is not in the tool holder it does an auto M0 and prompts for the tool to be put in. One would think....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can also simply disable the tool changer in the settings.
    When a tool change is prompted it will retract in z height.pause and beep with a message displaying what tool to put in the spindle manually.

In the setting for tool changer simply change the value to zero and it will not Joe it even has a changer (on my machine anyways. You're may be a different number)