What's new
What's new

Help for a newbie

alexf

Plastic
Hello all,
I've got a new Haas TM3-P and seem to have trouble setting work offsets with the probe. The trouble I have is that sometimes it goes through the probe cycle and it automatically posts the correct offsets and the program runs fine but then other times it seems to be in the wrong place.
I'm not quite sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but I use the same method every time.
Is there a trick to double check that the probe has posted the correct offsets. As I mentioned I'm completley new to cnc machining. The machine is brand new and I'm not sure if it's me messing up or the probe can be temperamental.
Thanks for any input.

are your setting up your 1st piece with you doing the probing. And then moving to a production run with the probing cycle to probe each new piece. Sorry just trying to make sure that I'm understanding what your working on.
If your just setting up a piece and then running it. Best advice is to always check your work and tool offsets to make sure no crashes. I Run the probe cycle soon as it starts I go to the Work Offset Im setting to make sure it takes the new offset.

If you're probing for G54, you can go in MDI and type

G54 G90 G0 X0 Y0

and see if it moves to where you want it.

Are you aware that unless the probe is exactly centered the it needs to be in the same orientation every time?(ie, not 180 degrees difference) Even if it is exact, I'd still suspect a slight difference depending on orientation.

Back