What's new
What's new

Homes variables on my UMC750-SS

landrerich

Plastic
Hi,

I have two new UMC750-ss, I use it for a complete month now and for no reason one of them they have a variation on the homes, See the video, Same program, same parts, nothing change and my homes moves. Below I explain what I do.

Here is a video of what is happening.

-I start with my position at X0, Y0 (G54) on my part.
-Home all axes
-Call my X0, Y0 (G54) on MDI
-Than the position is 0.006'' off on Y axis
-Home all axes again.
-Call my X0, Y0 (G54) on MDI
-Than position is good.

Dropbox - 2:sick:116_164654.mp4

I've done that around 30 times last night and this 0.006'' error on the Y axis happened 3 times. And, maybe 10 times, the X axis was off by 0.001''

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks for your support

Richard

Was the machine cold? Had you ran a warm up cycle for the spindle and all axis?

I've seen some older swiss machines make bad parts when cold (off by .007 sometimes.

We simply ran the spindle for 20 minutes and things started to come back to size.

Just something to try? Hope you can get this figured out!

Hi tactical,
Yes we have done couple test, hot and cold spindle, we are not able to figure what’s the issue.

I don't know how the new machines handle homing out. My old VF2 had a similar issue that I resolved by replacing the X axis limit switch.

I'd stick an indicator on it and see how repeatable the home position is.

What software version are you using? Diagnostic -> System, what does it say by "Release"? 18.1026 is fresh as of today.

The best thing you could do at this point is to get in contact with your Haas dealer and let them know what's going on. You've got nice detail in this post, ultimately your dealer will need an error report from the machine (shift - F3 will do what you need)

The software to run these machines is being updated continuously, and the best way to find (and fix) these errors is through user feedback.

Back