How to transfer g-code program with Cimco/Hsm Edit with Usb cable to 25 pin on Haas V
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How to transfer g-code program with Cimco/Hsm Edit with Usb cable to 25 pin on Haas V

Guys, I have Haas Vf2 machine and i need to transfer g-code program through cable with Cimco Edit. Could you help me? I have cable with one side of it is Usb and on the other side is 25 pin that goes into the Serial Port on the machine. In the other post, I read that can happen only with Rs232(9 pin) <—> Serial (25 pin). Also which Dnc settings i need to choose?
    On Cimco., I can’t find Syncheonization option?

SettingS on Haas:
    - Baud Rate - 9600
    - Even
    - synch: Xon/xoff

Settings on Cimco are the same except synch. I do not know where to choose it.

Please, help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you check here? (RTM stuff)
    CIMCO Documentation

...and here. How to see section on cableing between systems and controls.
    How-to Guides | Support | CIMCO

...and if you can tolerate the music... YouTube

in a Google search of 'CIMCO to Haas' there are numerous posts over in CNC Z O N E's forums USe their search feature possibly.
    (actual search CIMCO to Haas - Google Search )

Quote Originally Posted by alevtodorov View Post
    Guys, I have Haas Vf2 machine and i need to transfer g-code program through cable with Cimco Edit. Could you help me? I have cable with one side of it is Usb and on the other side is 25 pin that goes into the Serial Port on the machine. In the other post, I read that can happen only with Rs232(9 pin) <—> Serial (25 pin). Also which Dnc settings i need to choose?
    On Cimco., I can’t find Syncheonization option?

SettingS on Haas:
    - Baud Rate - 9600
    - Even
    - synch: Xon/xoff

Settings on Cimco are the same except synch. I do not know where to choose it.

Please, help.

3. Likes alevtodorov liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing that the Haas calls "synch" is usually referred to as "handshaking" in the computer world.

5. Likes alevtodorov liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there is something as I recall called a "null modem"? to swap the send and recieve wires between the pc and cnc, someone here is sharper on that than me, I did it 30+ years ago, many, many, gallons of wine ago.

7. Likes alevtodorov liked this post
    Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How to transfer g-code program with Cimco/Hsm Edit with Usb cable to 25 pin on Haas V

Guys, here are my settings and connections

CIMCO Settings:

My Haas Settings:

My Connections:

I’ve tried something from older posts, but nothing happened.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1614.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images img_1610.jpg img_1611.jpg img_1612.jpg img_1613.jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A quick suggestion is to put a RS232 analyzer/breakout box inbetween the two items, Or use a RS/232 PC based protocol analyzer. Just a thought to see what's going in/out. THere are PC based ones too as freeware too .

Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
    A quick suggestion is to put a RS232 analyzer/breakout box inbetween the two items, Or use a RS/232 PC based protocol analyzer. Just a thought to see what's going in/out. THere are PC based ones too as freeware too .
    Thank you for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just a thought... On the screen w/ flowcontrol- I see it set to software- Is there a hardware xon/xoff selection under flow-control?

Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
    just a thought... On the screen w/ flowcontrol- I see it set to software- Is there a hardware xon/xoff selection under flow-control?
    The options are:
    1. None
    2. Software
    3. Hardware
    4. Software & Hardware.

But, there isn’t Xon/Xoff option. I think Software option means Xon/XOff. I read it from the Cimco documentation you provided.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

38400 much faster. Also, synchronization xmodem is a bit safer as it does a checksum check.

Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by friesen View Post
    38400 much faster. Also, synchronization xmodem is a bit safer as it does a checksum check.
    Sorry for the stupid question. I’m a newbie, but do I need some kind of modem or so? Somewhere I found people are talking about “null” modem. My cable has some kind of null modem (9 pin - 25 pin male adapter)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no modem. The purpose of a null modem adapter is basically to reverse rx and tx, to allow two hosts to talk to each other , like if two pc's want to talk to each other through rs232.

XMODEM is not an option with cimco edit.

Personally, I'd stick with FTDI converters.

You could tell us what you have tried. The easiest way to get this right is to set up your serial port with putty or similar, and send a file from the haas, and see if you get something intelligible. Basically start trying things to get your feet wet, otherwise its like trying to tell someone how to operate windows 10 over a telephone.

Country
    ALBANIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by friesen View Post
    There is no modem. The purpose of a null modem adapter is basically to reverse rx and tx, to allow two hosts to talk to each other , like if two pc's want to talk to each other through rs232.

XMODEM is not an option with cimco edit.

Personally, I'd stick with FTDI converters.

You could tell us what you have tried. The easiest way to get this right is to set up your serial port with putty or similar, and send a file from the haas, and see if you get something intelligible. Basically start trying things to get your feet wet, otherwise its like trying to tell someone how to operate windows 10 over a telephone.
    Yep. You’re right. I’ve tried these dnc settings in cimco and with these cable. On the pc side i’ve connected usb port, which on the other side is 9 pin rs232 port male which is connected to same 9 pin female, on the other side is adapter with female 9 pin and 25 pin male which is connected to serial port 1 of the machine. Tried to send program. On the machine I pressed “List program” -> ALL -> Receive Rs232. On the pc i’ve clicked “Send” and the program was successfully sent. On the machine there is a label “ Waiting for dat” and thats it ... forever. I’ve tried to press “cycle start button”. The result was: Alarm message: “Rs232 program empty” or something like that.

After a while, I was tried to send a program from the machine and everything looked fine, but I received only symbols like “]]]]]]]” or “yyyyyy&yyyyy]]]”. .... nothing. I ordered new cable from ebay, Usb <-> 25 pin Rs232. The connection hope to be more clear.

Any suggestions or advices will be very useful.