What's new
What's new

HRT-210 HAAS Rotary Table Disassembly

mcdivit

Plastic
I have an older brush type HRT-210 with a collet closer that leaks air internally.
I have been able to remove the collet closer, but cannot get the actuator disk out.
I have applied air pressure and can get the disk plate to move about 1/2" and it looks like it is close to coming out, but no luck.
Is there anything that needs to be removed, or is there a way to push the disk out from the front?
There are no holes in the disk to grab it by. It looks a bit corroded on the perimeter.

Got it out, and got the brake disc out.
Not clear how it acts as a brake, looks more like a backlash load.
At any rate, need to do some cleaning and find replacement O-Rings

Well, I thought I had gotten it all apart. I have removed 3 of the discs, but I found an exploded view that shows there is one more.
I don't believe there is an air passage behind it, so I have no idea how to remove it.
It is a smooth disc about 3" down in a cylinder with no feature or hole to offer a purchase for removal.
I am considering applying air pressure to the oil fill port to see if it will drive the disc out, as I believe it is the seal between the gear box and brake/draw-tube disc pack.
The main housing is all one massive piece of steel as opposed to later models in which the draw-tube is a separate add-on assembly.
Anybody ever gotten one of these apart?

Got the last disc out.
I removed the oil fill plug on the top and applied compressed air.
It popped right out, and spilled oil everywhere!
Good news is that it was full of oil and the oil is clean and pure.
Bad news is the hex recess drain plug in the bottom is rounded out.
Another project.......
New O rings on hte way, and I have hte part numbers from HAAS for the housing gaskets

The O rings are McMaster Carr #:
2418T162, Buna N 70A durometer 0.103" width, 2.737" id, 2.943 od (pack of 10, 4 required)
9452K182 Buna N 0.103" width, 7.237" ID 7.443" od (pack of 25, 4 required)

The story with HAAS on the gaskets is a wild goose chase. The part number keep changing as I get near, and they now say one is unavailable. I will make my own, but here is what I have, note, I still don't know hte real model number for my rotary table.

HAAS
57-2750 Gasket, motor enclosure
57-2749 Gasket, enclosure cover, no longer available

Back