What's new
What's new

HRT210 Rotary Table Brake

CJD

Aluminum
I am rebuilding a Haas HRT210. Even all in pieces, I still can’t figure out how the brake works. Can someone explain?

a solenoid supply's air between the disc and the back plate, that causes it to grab the table plate on it's back side. I have rebuilt a few over the years. think the last 1 I did was about 11 years ago .

I am rebuilding a Haas HRT210. Even all in pieces, I still can’t figure out how the brake works. Can someone explain?

Can I impose upon you to take a few clear pictures of the inside of the housing? Specifically, the inside corners, upper and lower outboard side. Thank you.

a solenoid supply's air between the disc and the back plate, that causes it to grab the table plate on it's back side. I have rebuilt a few over the years. think the last 1 I did was about 11 years ago .

Thanks, but still a bit confused. There is the table at the front, and a disc at the rear which are tied together through the spindle. Each has a large o-rings at their perimeters. Is it the O-rings which expand to lock the table? I see nothing else which could move enough to accomplish the lock.

Do you have the manual? The rear plate with the 6 5/16-18 SHCS is called the Brake Disc. The two orings should be standard rings. Is that a 210 or one of the earlier 7HRT models?

Thanks, but still a bit confused. There is the table at the front, and a disc at the rear which are tied together through the spindle. Each has a large o-rings at their perimeters. Is it the O-rings which expand to lock the table? I see nothing else which could move enough to accomplish the lock.

no, the O rings seal the plate to both ti ID and OD. when air is applied the plate shifts and puts force if I remember correctly the back plate. when the plate is forced against the back plate. it creates friction and locks both the plate and shaft from moving. it's pretty simple set up. as long as the plate both releases and clamps. everything is happy and works.

It simply works by applying pressure to pull the platter into the body generating a clamping force.

Yes, please take and post pictures of the innards and everything :)

Back