What's new
What's new

Large tool designation and probe diameter

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
Two questions I loaded up my face mill that is about 3.375 od and I pressed l for large and the adjacent pockets updated to empty as they were. When I tried to store the tool it stored it next to a holder with a tool in it. It seemed something off but it was a .125 end mill so I figured it stored it there bc the controller know it would fit.
So a little bit later I add a 3” shoulder mill and it’s a tad over 3” so I try to label it as large and the controller says invalid input when I press the L key so I figured all was good and stored the tool.

Well right after that I try to call up my probe, which is t31 and the controller alarms out but I can’t remember the damn code. It shows the probe right there as tool 31 on the offsets page and the toll was in pocket 22 but wouldn’t pull it up so I removed and moved to t1. Now when that happened I started to think about the 3.375 tool so removed and moved it to pocket 16 where there are no tools and when I try to designate it as a large tool it won’t let me. It’s highlighted along with heavy but can only select heavy and does nothing when I try to select large. So I go to my offsets page and notice all of my tools have been scrambled around from t1 in t2 holder t2 in t3 holder and took 3 in tool pocket 4 and so on but correspond with where they actually are when you look at the tool pocket wheel. So my question is had anyone had this problem?

Also should the probe show a diameter on the offsets page? It displays the length but not the diameter and seems like it would since it’s suppose to be calibrated for both and since well the length is displayed.

I’m going to call the HFO this morning but just wanted to hear from you guys

No probe diameter in the offsets page. I *think* the probe diameter gets written to a variable when you run the calibration cycle.

Back