What's new
What's new

Lathe will NOT stay shut down

bb218

Aluminum
I am having an issue with my TL1 Lathe, it will not stay powered down. When I hit the Auto off button the machine will shut off, then immediately power back up and go thought the start-up cycle. Using the Power Off button will do the same thing, it will power down then power back up.
I put an Ohm on the power on switch and it is Normally Open and is working correctly. The power off button will power it off but when I release the button it powers back up. Is there any parameters that might have gotten changed that would keep the control in the on state ?

When I kill the main breaker to shut the machine off then later turn the breaker back to On the machine stays off until I push the On button, so I think the switches are good.

This lathe is the ideal candidate for a robot feeder and 24/7 operation. Take advantage of this go-getter!

Or, check for a sticking relay associated with the switch, if the switch itself is truly good. You might try wiring in an electrically identical switch temporarily just to see if the original is the problem.

If you have a machine/employee that just loves to work you should do your best to provide enough for satiety. FEED IT!!

Back