What's new
What's new

At long last- New VF on order... Excited and fun update for a change!

countryguy

Hot Rolled
Many know that the Son and I bought a beat up, barely functioning 98 VF/4 in his 2nd year of College. He was well into CNC and a forthcoming Product Design degree. That was somewhere around 4 years ago when I started posting in here and could barely spell Haas. We have spent months even years learning and developing on these machines.
So, happy to report; After years of saying 'the kid' or 'Son' or HELP! Time to say that Mitchell is buying his own brand new VF2! :D All the options he knows he needs. Did weeks of this or that on models etc. In the end, he's solid on the build and options. It will also go next to his old but money making VF/4 in a new planned industrial space. Yes, the big ol' home garage will soon revert back to letting vehicles and tractors inside. I already miss the kid and the damn production issues day after day.... Tsk. actually I'm sure I'll recover fast!!! LOL!

Folks come and go here, experts and newbs alike. Many are regulars but I wish there were more. I have enjoyed popping in here to post-up as I've learned from ya'll. Same for my EET background to help others.

Happy Holidays and remember- there are no bad questions. (well.. there are but usually as a rushed question!)
Peace and Giddy Up! CG and the kid.

Last edited:
I am truly happy for you and your son. I’m the same way with my son. We work together every day I would not miss it for the world
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL, I guess that was a bit of a teaser like post. Been a few weeks as we are just going nuts on new space (renting w/ another Co) and day work.

He went w/ a VF2. Non-ss. too many hours on this one or that one. Rotary tool changer, TSC, HSM, Probe & tool-setter package, air blast, large hand controller, augur, programable coolant nozzle, tank filter, skimmer I think make up his little fun-house.
End of Feb slated for production. Not sure if that is concrete or not?

I have owned a VF2 about 5 years now. For me the must have options are HSM, Probing and a fast spindle. If there is any thought of a forth axis now is the time to do it. I just picked up a 2007 SL10 a week ago. Lots of debugging so far to get her up and running…but finally got a green light on the pendant yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back