What's new
What's new

Looking for Haas spindle encoder (non working ok) 30-5840 / 4096 CPR

evotechcorp

Plastic
Need a spindle encoder 30-5840 / 4096 CPR - Only need the housing for parts so its fine if its not working. Anybody got anything on the shelf they want to part with?

Any of these look right?
View attachment 277179

Unfortunately no, but I appreciate the effort. I'd just buy a new one but the HFO won't sell me one because Haas states it must be installed by a tech, it's cost prohibitive to try and get a tech out to my shop so we do everything in house. I need to keep working on the cross reference and figure out who is making these for Haas or maybe one will pop up on Ebay

Appreciate the link but Haas requires install by an HFO which is cost prohibitive in our location, we buy most everything aftermarket or have converted machines away from Haas parts. I'll have to keep working on the cross reference

why do they need to install it. I just bought a encoder from them in November and installed it myself. depending on application some are easy to set up. some require more skill.

why do they need to install it. I just bought a encoder from them in November and installed it myself. depending on application some are easy to set up. some require more skill.

Maybe it's my HFO, i'll try to reach out to a different HFO outside my area and see if I have any luck... No idea why they think they need to install it...

Basically what happened was that I replaced the bearings in the motor and spindle and figured I might as well do the encoder as well since the bearing was feeling a bit rough. Press die slipped a little and damaged the rotor inside the housing. Did one on my other Minimill not long ago without any issue at all, just wasn't my day...

I understand. the spindle orientation on a mini mill is very easy to set up.ill look around, but not sure I still have the 1 that came off my vf2ss.

Back