What's new
What's new

Looking for two tips on Haas GUI controller...

dodgin

Hot Rolled
Hey everyone, I've generated a couple (hopefully simple) questions for the Haas experts out there:

1). When I am looking at the positional screen on the controller it always defaults to G54 setting, but sometimes if I'm working a program in G55, G56 etc I want to be able to switch the view to those offsets. Typically I'll just plug in those offsets to G54 so I can view them while I'm jogging, but to me it seems risky. Anyone know if that can be altered?

2). I've noticed that the M30 counter can be reset to 0, but I'm curious if I can add or subtract numbers from it, like if it reads 10 but I know I've cut an additional 5 parts and I want to change it to 15 manually.

These both seem like they'd have simple solutions. Thanks for any input you're willing to give.

UP & DWN arrow keys (or pageUP pageDWN) for the position page. They will also toggle the position on the current commands screen.
I don't use the counters, can't help you there.

UP & DWN arrow keys (or pageUP pageDWN) for the position page. They will also toggle the position on the current commands screen.
I don't use the counters, can't help you there.

Yeah, toggling between various positions is no biggie, let me rephrase. If I'm running a program in G55 the position page will display G55 location only while the program is running, then when it stops running the position page defaults to G54 locations. What I'm trying to do is make the position page display to different work coordinates while I'm not running that program - like if I'm hand jogging and I want to view the G55 location instead of the G54, etc.

Yeah, toggling between various positions is no biggie, let me rephrase. If I'm running a program in G55 the position page will display G55 location only while the program is running, then when it stops running the position page defaults to G54 locations. What I'm trying to do is make the position page display to different work coordinates while I'm not running that program - like if I'm hand jogging and I want to view the G55 location instead of the G54, etc.

Just run G55 in MDI screen - that will switch it over.

Just run G55 in MDI screen - that will switch it over.

Can you elaborate, Rust? Maybe you have an idea different than I do, but if I run something in MDI (i.e. G55 G0 X0. Y0.; ) it will execute that block in G55 and show me G55 on the position screen, but as soon as the program finishes the position screen reverts back to G54.

I know what you're talking about. There must be a parameter for it. I used to work at a place that had 6 vf-4's, and one out of the six worked the way you described. Really irritating.

Can you elaborate, Rust? Maybe you have an idea different than I do, but if I run something in MDI (i.e. G55 G0 X0. Y0.; ) it will execute that block in G55 and show me G55 on the position screen, but as soon as the program finishes the position screen reverts back to G54.

JUST type in G55 and hit Cycle Start. There is no end, so no reset. Just tested it on our 2012 VF-6SS and I can move into Hand Jog with G55 in the Position display.

JUST type in G55 and hit Cycle Start. There is no end, so no reset. Just tested it on our 2012 VF-6SS and I can move into Hand Jog with G55 in the Position display.

Damn...maybe something's wrong with my machine. I attempted this also and it "cycles" as it if were an actual program, then says program end and goes back to G54.

Go to MDI and type G55, cycle start. This should do it!

Damn...maybe something's wrong with my machine. I attempted this also and it "cycles" as it if were an actual program, then says program end and goes back to G54.

My exact steps are:

MDI Mode
Erase program that's in there(if there is anything there)
Type in G55 and press INSERT
Press Cycle Start
Now in either Hand Jog or POSIT screen I can view G55 position while jogging.

My exact steps are:

MDI Mode
Erase program that's in there(if there is anything there)
Type in G55 and press INSERT
Press Cycle Start
Now in either Hand Jog or POSIT screen I can view G55 position while jogging.

AH HAH! Okay, setting 56 is "M30 Restore default G".

After I turned that to off your tip worked for me. Thanks fellas.

AH HAH! Okay, setting 56 is "M30 Restore default G".

After I turned that to off your tip worked for me. Thanks fellas.

Good to hear that it worked. As far as second question - I cant seem to be able to modify M30 counter, only reset it.

Answer to question 2

Good to hear that it worked. As far as second question - I cant seem to be able to modify M30 counter, only reset it.

All you can do is reset your m30 counter value. I have spoken with HaasFSO and they confirmed that fact. Easiest way to fix a count is:
1.zero out your counter
2. go to MDI mode
3. type m30
4. hit cycle start the appropriate number of times, to change the counter to the desired value.

Hope this helps.

You should be able to set the counter thru the system variable in MDI.

#3901 = 10 (M30 counter 1)
#3902 = 10 (M30 counter 2)

Back