What's new
What's new

Are Marposs/renishaw spindle probes interchangeable?

Stirling

Hot Rolled
I got a 09 vf2 with the Marposs wireless probe system. Unfortunately the spindle probe does not work for some reason. Just won’t communicate.
(Open to advice. New battery and little switches are all set the same).table probe works tho.

Aaanywho, can I slap a working renishaw probe in the spindle and use it with the marposs receiver? I mean, it’s just a touch probe that sends a ultraviolet signal right??

Thoughts?

I was wondering this same thing when I came across this old post. I'm surprised you never got an answer. Did you ever find out?

I was wondering this same thing when I came across this old post. I'm surprised you never got an answer. Did you ever find out?
I mean. All they are is a normal rly closed stitch that becomes open upon contact which transmits a puls of light, which is picked up by the receiver….
But that’s as much as I know.
If I had a local friend with one I’d try it out. Alas I don’t

I'm pretty sure it's more complicated than just a blast of IR light. More like your TV remote control, in that, the IR blast has information embedded in the signal. In fact, I'll bet there is a two-way conversion, over IR signals, between the two devices. This lets the "receiver" wake up the probe from deep-sleep and verify it's present, as an example.

Back