What's new
What's new

A Motor Z Fault, BUT

magno_grail

Hot Rolled
The A motor is not connected and the A axis is turned off, '91 VF-1. Usually happens during a tool change. I have added parts to the receiver board to use a differential line instead of the TTL encoder but I do not see how this could cause the problem. Any ideas?

Hi MG, How goes it? NEver saw this one till today. a 91... Cool! Did you get anywhere with it? Was there other info w/ this? you get a Z fault is what I think you are noting.

The A motor is not connected and the A axis is turned off, '91 VF-1. Usually happens during a tool change. I have added parts to the receiver board to use a differential line instead of the TTL encoder but I do not see how this could cause the problem. Any ideas?

No solution yet. I do not see how I can get an A axis Z fault when no A servo is connected or turned On in the parameters, and why it usually happens during a tool change. Possible a connection gets jarred when the tool carriage moves in but it usually happens when the head has moved to the top after replacing the tool. Tempted to try grounding the A encoder connections.
Right now I have a problem with the Slant Jr. faulting out with a "Not Ready" or servo overload when not cutting. I closed the door against the stationary door and it faulted. That sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

interesting.... So we know that cable connects up to the Mocon board. you have an adapter over the IC. Chip clip or soldered in?
The Mocon on mine I think has a differential line-in receiver IC. anyway- I'll need to go look on the A and B connectors now.

functionally, Just wondering if it has something to do w/ G and G'(not) on the device functional modes when combined w/ the inputs. in short, if it's not going tristate and on the buss side it's getting some H or L data- Maybe the Haas is just trying to say that something is chatting away on A and is incorrectly framed. The firmware only knows that it's there and does not check the Parm for A on or off anyway?

Page 8 or 9 on G G' and levels for H, L, and High Impedance. Rather than ground, I would see if you can get the HIS out of it.
fun times there!

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/a...ps%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti.com%2Flit%2Fgpn%2Fam26ls32a

No, mine has a separate receiver board mounted over the MOCON board. It has the AM26LS32 chips on it for the X,Y,Z encoders. The A encoder was wired as TTL. I put a differential encoder in the rotary that I made and added the extra parts to the receiver board. The circuitry was already there on the board.
This problem only showed up recently and for some reason occurs typically during a tool change when the head is raised.
RECEIVER_BOARD.jpg

Back