What's new
What's new

Need Help! Is it possible to lower the head of a 1996 VF3 with a bad controller?

GriffinMachine

Plastic
Hi guys and gals. We have a small family shop with a VF1 and VF3 that is scheduled to move to a new building on Tuesday of next week. Of-course today was a great time for the controller to fry on the VF3, not allowing us to lower the head down to the lock position to be ready to move in 2 days!

Aside from discharging the nitrogen (which we don't want to do), is there a manual way of dropping the head with some sort of an override?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Turning the screw should lower it. The 96 does not use a brake. Just the nitrogen counterbalance. On a side note I repair Haas controls as well as have many replacement boards. Whats not working? How did you determine its fried? I might be able to help.

I have heard/been told about just pulling the front Z slide/cover off and turning by hand. It was an option before I put in the larger garage door . DaOne's advice is also what I was told. Also, DaOne is who helped me get back up after my VF/4 issues. This is a vote of trust there. PM him if you need.

Best, countryguy.

Great timing- I need to move a '93 VF3 and think I need to lower the head too, but it's not under power. I will have to pull the way covers and see if it'll lower with the screw.

Back