What's new
What's new

Net share / pinging haas. I’m not computer literate

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
I had remote net share working fine on my Lenovo laptop with windows 10 but I’ve upgraded to a Lenovo p17 with windows 10 for workstation and I cannot get the ngc controller to connect to the shared folder for anything.
Was hoping someone more comp lot than I am can teach me something.
When I ping cloud.haascnc.com it does not resolve to the ip that the haas website says it should so it’s gotta be a setting in laptop but which setting I have no freaking clue.

I can’t ping the machine and see the machine with local net share just fine,it’s only remote. My username and password are correct and everything is setup the exact same way I had my other one set up except for the new laptop IP address.

Anyone possibly care to take a guess at know what’s going on?

Hmmm a guess -Check if the Haas OS needs SMB 1.0? Your laptop (and most now) will have this disabled or removed or blocked. I think I saw something about that upon a time- But, it's a serious security flaw if that does it. WannaCry and may other exploits attempt access via this protocol. I think I read some older Haas units used that.

I had remote net share working fine on my Lenovo laptop with windows 10 but I’ve upgraded to a Lenovo p17 with windows 10 for workstation and I cannot get the ngc controller to connect to the shared folder for anything.
Was hoping someone more comp lot than I am can teach me something.
When I ping cloud.haascnc.com it does not resolve to the ip that the haas website says it should so it’s gotta be a setting in laptop but which setting I have no freaking clue.

I can’t ping the machine and see the machine with local net share just fine,it’s only remote. My username and password are correct and everything is setup the exact same way I had my other one set up except for the new laptop IP address.

Anyone possibly care to take a guess at know what’s going on?

For more information on this problem and your options to fix it, do a youtube search for a channel called 'JohnSL'. He did a video recently on this subject, explains the problem and steps you through fixing it. He has really good content also. Hope it helps.

Update. I called a guy computer to come out and look at it and I ended figuring it out in time to cancel the appointment. My network was set public or private, I can’t remember which one and I just changed it to the other and the controllet changed from down to up and I was the happiest m-fer in the world haha. Thanks guys

... totally understandable. Here's why. Betting you took it from public to private.

Make a Wi-Fi network public or private in Windows 10.

When you first connect to a Wi-Fi network, you can set it as public or private—depending on the network and what you want to do:

Private network. Use this for networks you trust, such as a network at home or work. When a network is set to private, your PC is discoverable to other devices on the network, and you can use your PC for file and printer sharing.

Public network. Use this for networks you connect to when you’re out and about, such as a Wi-Fi network at a coffee shop. Your PC will be hidden from other devices on the network, and you can’t use your PC for file and printer sharing.

After you connect to a network the first time, you can change it to public or private at any time.

Back