What's new
What's new

New 2020 haas vf4ss and phase perfect wiring question

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
On a phase perfect, does the 3rd leg/generated leg correlate to t3 of the output terminals? I’ve got my conduit ran and wires pulled and wires connected but I’m not sure if I have the generated leg in the right terminal. Right now I have t3 of phase perfect to L2 of haas. I’m pretty sure I read on here that the generated leg should be in L2. Is that also correct?

Also Haas had the machine wired to the 244-260 taps but on the phase perfect display it reads between 237 to 242 on different days that I’ve watched it. All 3 would read pretty much the same but some days would be higher or lower is what I mean by that. Should the taps be connected to the next lowest down?

Am I suppose to power the machine and make sure the phases are correct before the tech comes out to activate?

Once this is cleared up I can get my HFO to come out and finish installing it.

I overkilled the wire size and it fought me good bending the wires in the disconnect. I have from the main power distribution box I have a 200 amp breaker feeding the shop through 50’ of 2/0, then from the shop panel a 100 amp breaker and 26’ of 1/0 feeding the phase perfect and then from there #3 to disconnect and then #3 to machine and that is about 22’ of wire. I hope that’s sufficient.

Attachments

• 32A8F2CC-84ED-4C0A-A18D-628CB239DFE1.jpg
    32A8F2CC-84ED-4C0A-A18D-628CB239DFE1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 29
As long as your wire gauge and breaker are appropriate, call hfo for install. The tech will verify everything it set correctly as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some techs will get pissed if you tell them you turned the machine on before they get there. Didn't do that again...

From your note below: Also Haas had the machine wired to the 244-260 taps but on the phase perfect display it reads between 237 to 242 on different days that I’ve watched it
My 3cents: This tap setting may need to be moved around by you. Not sure where you are geographically or your power environment locally but you will need to just keep it in mind. In Summer, our power dips rather low due to local demands. The Haas taps move down appropriately in Summer and usually back up in Winter months. With the 240 single phase, and then the wild leg from the phase perfect... they should stay balanced but I see mine (on an RPC) drift between the 240 lines from the main the RPC generated line. To solve that imbalance I used an AC Voltage stabilizer which helped tremendously. (see my other long posts on this issue and what specifically we did).

enjoy the new SS.... wish we were in that boat too. our vF/4 98 is still kicking for now.

On a phase perfect, does the 3rd leg/generated leg correlate to t3 of the output terminals? I’ve got my conduit ran and wires pulled and wires connected but I’m not sure if I have the generated leg in the right terminal. Right now I have t3 of phase perfect to L2 of haas. I’m pretty sure I read on here that the generated leg should be in L2. Is that also correct?

Also Haas had the machine wired to the 244-260 taps but on the phase perfect display it reads between 237 to 242 on different days that I’ve watched it. All 3 would read pretty much the same but some days would be higher or lower is what I mean by that. Should the taps be connected to the next lowest down?

Am I suppose to power the machine and make sure the phases are correct before the tech comes out to activate?

Once this is cleared up I can get my HFO to come out and finish installing it.

I overkilled the wire size and it fought me good bending the wires in the disconnect. I have from the main power distribution box I have a 200 amp breaker feeding the shop through 50’ of 2/0, then from the shop panel a 100 amp breaker and 26’ of 1/0 feeding the phase perfect and then from there #3 to disconnect and then #3 to machine and that is about 22’ of wire. I hope that’s sufficient.

Back