What's new
What's new

New Haas EC-400. More than a VMC on its back?

I like how they did the X and Y on the spindle and put the Z on the pallet. I just hope they bring back the EC-300 to go with it or better yet make a EC-200

Looks like the new Haas EC-400 is getting some "real" HMC features. Pic shows 100 pot tool wheel and new design tool change arm. Anyone have more info??

Haas Automation, Inc. on Instagram: “The new EC-4 is almost here. Only 2 more months until we debut the EC-4 and more at IMTS 218. . . . . #IMTS #IMTS218 #cncmachining…”

The tool change arm cam box looks to be the same to me, it just doesn't have the double arm installed is all.

I like how they did the X and Y on the spindle and put the Z on the pallet. I just hope they bring back the EC-300 to go with it or better yet make a EC-200

The EC line have always had the X&Y on the spindle and Z axis on the pallet.

The tool change arm cam box looks to be the same to me, it just doesn't have the double arm installed is all.

The EC line have always had the X&Y on the spindle and Z axis on the pallet.

To me it looks different than the standard tool changer. If you look at where the center of raotation would be if there was a double arm on it, it would be much closer to the carousel than the spindle. There has to be some other action involved

Edit; never mind. Obviously since the X is on the column, the spindle would move into position for tool change. Duh. I’m getting less excited about this machine by the minute

Interesting on that how far apart in X direction they spaced the bearing trucks on the column, vs on the UMC's Y axis is so skinny and the trucks are basically right next to eachother... it's about as rigid as a wet noodle.

Wonder how it'll do. Looking forward to seeing it there.

I really want it to be great. Lets see if it has the shortcomings of previous generation taken care of.

I hope your right.
But my experience with Haas has been they go all out to address fixing some of the major design issues. In the process they Do Not Keep what was working, creating a whole new bag of problems.

The stepped Y axis? Trucks is something I’ve seen on other newly designed HMC’s, cool they incorporated it.

I hope it works out for them, but they seem to get so close and don’t go that extra little bit.

From the pictures I’ve seen it doesn’t look like roller linear bearings, just ball linear ways like they’ve always used. It doesn’t seem like hardly anyone else uses ball ways still, except for Haas. Every other brand I’ve looked at recently is roller. I would think it would improve rigidity and dampening. Most machine tool builders must do it for some reason.

Same 40 taper vmc spindle, again just about anyone with a 40 taper has dual contact, at least as an option.

I’ve been a Haas fan but the other builders prices have come down and technology has gone up. Wish Haas would get with the program on some of these details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back